Thread: Strange new attraction to a friend.

Alex93

Default Strange new attraction to a friend.

So I'm a bit confused here. I've had this friend since the beginning of my first year in college. (I'm in my second year now.) He's gay, and also into diapers. I met him in one of my classes and we've been good friends ever since I found out he liked diapers and I confessed to him that I like them now. I think at first he kind of had a thing for me, but when I told him I was straight he respected that.

Now, this year I've been hanging out at his house more often and sleeping on his couch some nights, since I don't get along with my roommates very well. A couple times I saw him in just a diaper before he went to bed and I kind of got aroused. Which is confusing for me because I've always identified myself as straight — not even bisexual. I'm almost 20, and I've always been exclusively attracted to girls my whole life. And with the exception of him, I still am.

At first I pushed away the idea, and told myself that wasn't me. But as time goes by the feelings get stronger.

I'm just wondering, is it normal for a straight guy who's an ABDL to have some attraction to other guys in diapers?

Emily91

Hmmmm... you might be a little bicurious. Not everyone finds out right when they hit puberty, people can find out that they're bi later in life. Personally I also thought I was straight until my first year of college, I got this major crush on a girl named Alicia in my dance class. I think I just had a very specific type of girl I like, and I just never met one 'til then. She rejected me, but since then I've dated other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex93 View Post
    So I'm a bit confused here. I've had this friend since the beginning of my first year in college. (I'm in my second year now.) He's gay, and also into diapers. I met him in one of my classes and we've been good friends ever since I found out he liked diapers and I confessed to him that I like them now. I think at first he kind of had a thing for me, but when I told him I was straight he respected that.

Now, this year I've been hanging out at his house more often and sleeping on his couch some nights, since I don't get along with my roommates very well. A couple times I saw him in just a diaper before he went to bed and I kind of got aroused. Which is confusing for me because I've always identified myself as straight — not even bisexual. I'm almost 20, and I've always been exclusively attracted to girls my whole life. And with the exception of him, I still am.

At first I pushed away the idea, and told myself that wasn't me. But as time goes by the feelings get stronger.

I'm just wondering, is it normal for a straight guy who's an ABDL to have some attraction to other guys in diapers?
    Dude, straight/bi/gay. They're just words. Take them out of this equation and do what feels right for you. Nothing is black and white.

I personally think that sexuality is all a matter of many different swinging scales, never truthfully 100% anything (underneath our facades). Instead, we're all lovely different shades of grey. Oh shit. Scratch that. All the colours of the rainbow. DOUBLE SHIT. All my analogies have been stolen :<

I'm sure you get what I mean though.

What you may want to consider is that sometimes you can be attracted to an object (often via a fetish) on a particular person without being sensually or sexually attracted to that person. Quite a few of my friends are a-sexual. While most don't consider themselves to be attracted to people, the sight of someone in a diaper will still turn them on and happily arouse them.

Is it just about him being in the diaper? Or is it more than that? Ask yourself, is your attraction to his personality anything more than friendship? Do you feel you want to be intimate?

Above all though, exploring your sexuality is bloody fun. Don't be afraid to. You're still going through one of the most exciting times in your life, as am I! Explore freely, just be weary of those who play with your heart and be careful you don't do the same to others.

Good luck :3

(PS: Personally I am roughly 95% Gay, with a dash of straightness thrown in there for good measure. I've always rather liked Bjork. Exploring the kinky side - that's where it get's REALLY fun )

It is possible that since you and this other fellow have a mutual interest in diaper wear, your arrousal could be directed at wondering how it would be to engage erotic activities with another diapered person (not necessarily male or female, just diapered). Since he has ejxpressed his sexual persuasion, you might let him know that your interests have been modified since seeing him diapered.

I agree with the people above you. It is true that not everyone discovers their sexuality at puberty. Up until a few years ago I considered myself as a straight person. I am 30 by the way. But after I got divorced , I discovered I had feelings for people of the same sex. Then when I looked back upon my life I could see how those feelings were there, but I was just suppressing them. I do not like labels and I think that people can fall in love with anyone regardless of the gender. Just do what feels right to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I've always rather liked Bjork.
    Yeah she has that effect on most people! I'm still madly in love with her