Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Hiding the Diaper Noise?

Default Help Hiding the Diaper Noise?

So my girlfriend and I just broke up (although I'm not sure if it's permanent). Despite the broken heart, this effects me with my diaper wearing as well. I still live at home and her place was pretty much where I could wear diapers without having to worry about anything. My mom is a stay at home mom and my sister is still in college but commutes from home, so there's often a lot of people in my house.

I typically only wear Bambinos and Tena Maxis. I feel the Bambinos are definitely louder than the Tenas, but both make crinkle a decent amount. Is there anyway to cut down on how loud they are? Has anyone had any success with this? I was thinking of buying a pair of boxer briefs that are a size too small to see if maybe the tightness would help. Or maybe even a pair of pantyhose. I'm not really sure what the right answer is, but all I know is that right now I can't even put a diaper on until everyone goes to bed, which is after midnight. If I could cut the noise down I could at least wear starting a night when everyone starts to settle down.

Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.

Cherub

Well, try wearing compression shorts. They're sorta like spandex, an they have more compressibility than wearing panty hose. Not to mention having to explain why panty hose in your bedroom. I've tried compression shorts before and they do cut down on the diaper crinkle noise.

Trust me, I'd like to avoid panty hose at all costs. It was just a thought, albeit a bad one.

If im wearing around others i'll throw a bunch of change in my pocket and that masks any crinkling(for me).

See that's not a bad idea for wearing while I'm out at the mall or something, but I feel like I'd get asked about that at home. So I need something to not just mask the crinkling but hopefully cut down on it.

Those are pretty thick diapers. I'd be more worried about it showing.

Low noise plastic pants gets rid of any noise. At the time I had the leakmaster kind from adultclothdiaper and the diaper didn't made any sound, though that's not what I got them for to begin with. Now I use rubber pants from fetware and they make no noise.
    (Though if the place is literally dead quiet you MIGHT hear a tiny, very low audible sound from the rubber pants, but that's a stretch. It assumes the person can pick apart the sounds from your clothing and is right up against your crotch, which they probably wouldn't do either.)

Another thing that can help, if you can order one, is a t-shirt onsie from a place like baby-pants.com. They have white ones that, from the waist up, look just like a normal t-shirt. Just make sure to get the one with shoulder snaps!

I wear one of these t-shirts and then another pull-over or button up shirt over it. . Seems to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
    Those are pretty thick diapers. I'd be more worried about it showing.
    Which, the Tenas or the Bambinos? I only wear the Classicos although I am ordering some Bellisimos to try them this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    Definitely the snug-fitting boxer-briefs. That's what I do.
    So let's say I wear a medium diaper and a large boxer brief, should I get a medium boxer brief and that should help?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Low noise plastic pants gets rid of any noise. At the time I had the leakmaster kind from adultclothdiaper and the diaper didn't made any sound, though that's not what I got them for to begin with. Now I use rubber pants from fetware and they make no noise.
    (Though if the place is literally dead quiet you MIGHT hear a tiny, very low audible sound from the rubber pants, but that's a stretch. It assumes the person can pick apart the sounds from your clothing and is right up against your crotch, which they probably wouldn't do either.)
    Ok so let me ask this, do rubber pants make it uncomfortably tight? I'm not opposed to being snug in a diaper obviously, but if the rubber pants are tight enough that they are going to keep the diaper from crinkling, are they going to constrict my package? And how much more bulky is that going to make my butt look? It's not a bad idea so I'm just curious as to what to expect before I look more seriously into it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    Another thing that can help, if you can order one, is a t-shirt onsie from a place like baby-pants.com. They have white ones that, from the waist up, look just like a normal t-shirt. Just make sure to get the one with shoulder snaps!

I wear one of these t-shirts and then another pull-over or button up shirt over it. . Seems to work well.
    These also help reduce crinkling? Are they pretty discreet under a shirt? Do they make you hot?