Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If a metal gear solid live action movie was made would you watch it

Default If a metal gear solid live action movie was made would you watch it

If a metal gear solid live action movie was made would you watch it?
    Me I would. I've always been a Metal Gear Solid fan and the game story always had a movie feel to me.
    Last edited by Nihlus; 14-Feb-2013 at 17:12. Reason: Edited for clarity

Considering that the fourth movie had more cinematics than gameplay, this seems viable. I also swear that I read about a movie being in the works on IMDB and Wikipedia at one point, but that was a long time ago and if it were accurate, I'd think it would have happened by now.

Edit: The announcement was in 2006, and a live-action movie is now in pre-production. It also seems that they've cut David Hayter out of the process. Which royally sucks, considering he writes screenplays professionally.

Default If a metal gear solid live action movie was made would you watch it

Not if a certain infamous German-Canadian director is involved...

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Considering that the fourth movie had more cinematics than gameplay, this seems viable. I also swear that I read about a movie being in the works on IMDB and Wikipedia at one point, but that was a long time ago and if it were accurate, I'd think it would have happened by now.

Edit: The announcement was in 2006, and a live-action movie is now in pre-production. It also seems that they've cut David Hayter out of the process. Which royally sucks, considering he writes screenplays professionally.
    I've been a fan of MGS since I rented it when I was like 9 or 10 on the PS1. However I stopped playing MGS4 at sniper boss that harks back to Sniper Wolf. I also bought a used copy of metal gear for the NES and the GBC game. Anyways I may watch the movie but the trailer has to be good.

Of course the MGS movie has been stuck in development hell forever. Plus with all the codec scenes and cut scenes every MGS game has been more of a movie then playable video game. Also the whole plot of MGS/MG
    is really, really, stupid. It's pretty much designed to get worse as it goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Not if a certain infamous German-Canadian director is involved...
    Nobody say his name, you'll jinx it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I've been a fan of MGS since I rented it when I was like 9 or 10 on the PS1. However I stopped playing MGS4 at sniper boss that harks back to Sniper Wolf. I also bought a used copy of metal gear for the NES and the GBC game. Anyways I may watch the movie but the trailer has to be good.

Of course the MGS movie has been stuck in development hell forever. Plus with all the codec scenes and cut scenes every MGS game has been more of a movie then playable video game.
    There were two amazing climactic scenes from Chapter 5 that were stunning. The closing scene from the chapter you stopped in was also fantastic. Want me to link you some videos?

BTW, any reason you stopped? I thought that the sniper battle was one of my favorites from the entire series.

I have seen a full length fan made one, it was in Italian and the effects were terrible but I did enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    There were two amazing climactic scenes from Chapter 5 that were stunning. The closing scene from the chapter you stopped in was also fantastic. Want me to link you some videos?

BTW, any reason you stopped? I thought that the sniper battle was one of my favorites from the entire series.
    I stopped because I was bored of it and I've slowly come to realize the whole plot is contrived as shit. However it's still, fun I still life MGS 1 2 and 3. But MGS4 feels slightly different and far more slow paced. I also know the ending already and it's suffice to say, nothing happens.

Now the studio keeps shitting out Metal Gear games while totally ignoring Zone of the Enders.

maybe...... I am more of a Splintercell fan and there's always been a fierce rivalry between the two. I HAVE played both and though the last 2 Splintercell games were terrible, the first three were epic. MGS4 was good but it got boring after I completed the campaign. Even though Splintercell Double Agent had a terrible campaign, it had the best multiplayer mode I have ever played on any game.
    Its not that I don't like MGS, its just that I like Splintercell more.
    A splintercell movie was in pre production in 2006 scheduled to be released in 2010.....sadly it never happened.....

I may watch it.
    Tho a lot of games that are made into movies(and vise versa) usually turn out not to be that good.

It could be good if people who know the series and played the MG/MGS games work on it.
    Tho usually it is people who never played them, are given a basic story of it and they make a movie from that.

I would not have high hopes for it till after I seen it. I would give it a chance tho.