Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best decisions I could take

Default The best decisions I could take

Yep, I finally told my girl about my AB/DL interest. She reacted a lot better than I expected! She's got no problem with me wearing Kiddish clothes and watching cartoon (that, she like it too) but despite what she's telling me, I noticed she have a hard time accepting the diapers. I wored just one time in her presence due to that. I think I will give her more time. She knows I wear when I'm alone, but that's it. If you have any suggestions on how to help her with it, let me know!

Well, for the first time of my life, I don't have to hide my interest, and it feels great! and I have to thank all the adisc community for all the interesting theads I couls read that helped me take that decision.

I'm glad things worked out for you Hopefully more time will lead to even greater acceptance and happiness. I know it took me a while to understand AB/DL's but after a while I began to see similarities with things that I enjoy my bf doing for me that aren't sexual but are a form of looking after me - like washing my hair when I'm tired and wanting attention or brushing my hair when I have a terrible headache. I think everyone enjoys being looked after on some level.

I am glad that she accepts you for who you are. Yes, give her more time! Hopefully she will accepts the diapers too. You may want to ask her if you can put a diaper on. If she says no than don't do it. Let her feel more comfortable and give more time instead of rushing. Good Luck!

Countdown

don't get it...

she seems to accept that you enjoy wearin alone... why do you want her to accept you more? so you can wear around her??? and if that's the case, why??? where does this desire to wear around other people come from???

sounds like you got a pretty good friend if she's acceptin all that... don't push it...

& good luck

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
    she seems to accept that you enjoy wearin alone... why do you want her to accept you more? so you can wear around her??? and if that's the case, why???
    Well, I can't speak for those who are in the dating stage. But for those of us that are married and in a similar situation, it is because we want to be able to just be ourselves all the time, instead of just certain times of the day. Think of it this way as it might help in understanding this. Imagine, if you will, that you are only allowed to do certain things or wear certain things in the presence of your significant other. For a while I am sure you could manage to accommodate this. However, after a while, it will start to wear on you. You will surely want to just be yourself and be relaxed around your significant other, and not feel like you have to keep a part of you hidden out of sight.

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Well, I can't speak for those who are in the dating stage. But for those of us that are married and in a similar situation, it is because we want to be able to just be ourselves all the time, instead of just certain times of the day. Think of it this way as it might help in understanding this. Imagine, if you will, that you are only allowed to do certain things or wear certain things in the presence of your significant other. For a while I am sure you could manage to accommodate this. However, after a while, it will start to wear on you. You will surely want to just be yourself and be relaxed around your significant other, and not feel like you have to keep a part of you hidden out of sight.
    I understand if you're living with your SO & she doesn't accept... that's gotta suck since you're around him/her almost all the time... but if it's jus dating & hasn't gotten to that point, I don't understand...

Well, that's exactly it, we live together since a couple of years and it's not often that we pass more than a day without seeing each other. And no, I don't want to wear around other people, I just don't want to have to hide and be shy at my own home.

You are very lucky. I was with my wife for over 6 years and I never told her about my ABDL side of me. I did not wear for over 4 years. I would of loved to have told her, but alas I did not have the courage to. We got divorced a couple of years ago, because we realized we did not love each other in that way anymore. I am happier now because I realized that feelings to be an AB will never go away. I can now be myself again. When I get into another relationship I will make sure they know before it gets all the way to marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Well stated, Cherub.

I've only been open with my partner for about 8 mths and even though she's cool with it, I still get a bit shy....still feel like she's a little bit weird with it. I think it just takes time, and the more exposed to it she is the easier she'll be with it...Give it time I reckon!