Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molicare Super plus tape problems

Default Molicare Super plus tape problems

Thought I would change things up from my abena M4's and go back to Molicare Super plus for a bit. Not sure what's going on but I'm finding that the tapes are unsticking themselves and popping off all the time, so now I have to wear underwear over them to make sure they don't go anywhere. Never used to have this problem with them. Anybody else or is it just me?

I have had the same problem with this product. That's why I stopped ordering them many years ago.

I haven't had that problem. Molicare Super plus are still good diapers for me. If that does happened I use duct tape for that problem.

I had the same problem. I like my diapers tight so maybe that's the issue. IDK. I like to use Abenas the most but the price limits my use of them.

A friend of mine uses them a lot. He told me a trick to get them to stick better; Fold the tapes on the lengthwise after sticking them on, pressing the tape against itself, then it should stick better. Hope it helps.

I don't have problem with them myself. I just rub the tape a bit after sticking it. For the first 5 secondes, they don't stick much. But once they are set, they don't move for me.

I've always found them to be very sticky to the point of pulling the plastic backing away, how odd!

I also use bob111's method of rubbing the tapes on every diaper I use, and it really works

I've found it you only tape it lightly or it's not stuck flat they can come off occasionally. However, if you just take a few seconds to make sure it's stuck flat and smooth it down I find they stick like glue. I've torn the plastic by un-taping them before once it's firmly stuck.

Are you near the upper waist limit for whichever size you are?

I hate tearing either the tape or the backing when putting them on. I feel like the diaper is almost wasted. Of course I still use it....but it is a pet peeve of mine.

The new molicares with the airflow wings are a nightmare to get stuck down properly. I've also torn many of the wings accidentally whilst trying to change whilst lying down. Really frustrating as there are several other brands I prefer but my NHS supplier doesn't contract with them and I can only rarely afford to by more myself.