Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girlfriend not completely accepting help

Default girlfriend not completely accepting help

Hey, first off... long time no log on this site. Its been a long while for me but back in october I got a girlfriend and we love each other very much, on the 17th it will be our 4 months, even though we havent been dating for very long I feel like we could last a very long time. But my problem is, she knows about me being a dl and she accepts it but not fully, she is use to me wearing diapers but she gives me this look of uninterest and she doesnt like seeing me in just a diaper and shirt, I have to wear pants, she also doesnt like it when I talk about diapers or anything of the sort, also will look at me in disgust if I wet the diaper.
    I really dont know what to do or say but I know I need to have a conversation about it but I want to help her understand better and not hate this part of me. Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Nepula View Post
    Hey, first off... long time no log on this site. Its been a long while for me but back in october I got a girlfriend and we love each other very much, on the 17th it will be our 4 months, even though we havent been dating for very long I feel like we could last a very long time. But my problem is, she knows about me being a dl and she accepts it but not fully, she is use to me wearing diapers but she gives me this look of uninterest and she doesnt like seeing me in just a diaper and shirt, I have to wear pants, she also doesnt like it when I talk about diapers or anything of the sort, also will look at me in disgust if I wet the diaper.
    I really dont know what to do or say but I know I need to have a conversation about it but I want to help her understand better and not hate this part of me. Can someone help me?
    "You can change a person's diaper, but you can't change the person."

The only thing I can think of is simply talk to get and both of you and both of you be honest with each other. You can explain to her the way diapers make you feel, she can explain why they make her feel uncomfortable. But it's kind of clear she's disgusted by it, but not enough to end the relationship. I think it should be understandable why she is, diapers are seen as something sick or old people need plus you are pissing and/or shitting yourself if you use them.

If your hoping to get her to come around and partake in it, even just by changing you. It might rarely, if ever happen.

Good luck with that one,at least you can wear under clothing when your girl is around.my wife is the same but forbids me to wear in the house,although I wear when she's not around.but I would not push things unless you don't mind losing her.good luck

well if she is putting up with U waring them then go with it, and if she don't dig U wetting them give hear that and stop, and give it time so she can grow with the idea... U don't want to much to soon.
    like for me had a girlfriend and she put up with the furry side of me, but when she fond my diapers she was gone, and hear mom called my mom and ya now all know.....darn =>.<=

Countdown

w/ fire2box...

can't believe you've only been with her for 4 months & told her... what were you thinking??? you'll be lucky if she doesn't tell anyone when you two break up...

Quote Originally Posted by Nepula View Post
    Sounds like you're coming on strongly. You know she's not kosher with you wearing, so why do it? Sounds forceful, especially to use them around her. It doesn't seem like she accepts it, more like she begrudgingly tolerates it to some extent. Really, I don't think she's the problem from what I read. You can't get upset when someone doesn't totally accept you, and it's understandable why she wouldn't. Honestly, if I'd been dating someone for a short time and I find that they're into some kink I'm not comfortable with, and they acted it out around me... well, I'd react the same way she did. If you want your relationship to go anywhere, communicate. You're not going to be accepted doing what you're doing. Your girlfriend has a right to be upset with you.

Cherub

IMO, you need to take things slow. If she is giving off looks of annoyance or disgust, those are red flags. Some people aren't comfortable enough to confront others directly. They say they can deal with 'something', but when they are in the presence of that 'something' and start throwing looks of disgust, you'd better start taking notice. If she leaves, obviously there is nothing you can do about it. Telling someone you are involved in Infantilism to any degree is a risk, even for married couples.

The best advise we can give you is to take things slow and keep communication open.

You have to ease her, you'be basically thrown her in the deep end and expected her to be fine. First you need to respect her boundaries and not wet around her, you may even want to cut back on the wearing as well. Remember she is still uncomfortable about it and this early on in a relationship you don't want to be putting your want for diapers over her feeling of comfort. Talk to her if you must but try coming at it from her angle; she's found a new guy and straight away he has introduced his new fetish (or lifestyle if it isn't one) and it something that you're not familiar with and involved bodily fluids that she may not be comfortable with. It's not that great of a way to start things off and may not last long if you continue this way.

Default Re: girlfriend not completely accepting help

There are two bases for a succesful relationship, which are honesty and comunication, the best way to proceed is to sit down with her and talk about it, but be warned op, she might say some things you won't like.

It is true, that it is your right to be yourself and enjoy, but you must take others into account, she sounds like she really does love you, as she's ovbiously trying hard to put up with it, if you really love her as much, remember, your princess before your crinkles, don't put her below your kinks on the importance list ;3.

Try to get to a mid point, with a deal you're both satisfied with.

Jut to throw in a little extra, I've been a bit over 2 years with my boyfriend, he knew about my babyfur side since before we were a couple, and we both have kinks and likes the other doesn't like, but we've always been open about them, andare willing to participate to some extent, by example, he's perfectly fine with me wearing diapers, and even considers me.being in cub mode cute, but he just doesn't like me wetting. Still, he has never reprimended me if i do so, we just talk and sort it out, so, go ahead and give it a try, if you're both patient and understanding, it wil open a milliad of doors to both of you.

I apologize if my writing is effed up, it's not easy writing on a small smartphone while riding.the bus on a city were some streets feel like the surface of the moon :P

I took the liberty of looking up your profile and saw that you are a high school senior. When I was a senior, I thought I was dating the girl who would eventually become my wife. I'm glad I never told her about my diaper wearing, as she broke up with me when we both went off to college/university.

I think I would not have brought diapers into the relationship this soon, but it's too late now. The best I can suggest is that you back off. I know you've seen members on this site who have been successful in integrating diapers into their relationships, but it doesn't happen with most relationships. You both need more time to get to know each other, so use that time sans diapers. If you're still together two years from now, approach it again in earnest. She will be older and more mature, and it does take some maturity to understand infantilism.