Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: overnight cloth diapers?

Default overnight cloth diapers?

Lately, ive been having accidents at night like never before. Im wanting to know if anyone has any experience with cloth diapers and can suggest to me what to get. I have both wetting and some number 2s at night, but wetting is much more the problem, and the cost of disposables every single night is the real reason im wanting to switch to cloth. So any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihcara View Post
    Lately, ive been having accidents at night like never before. Im wanting to know if anyone has any experience with cloth diapers and can suggest to me what to get. I have both wetting and some number 2s at night, but wetting is much more the problem, and the cost of disposables every single night is the real reason im wanting to switch to cloth. So any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.
    I'm using Dependeco AIO's for daytime use which has cut down on my disposable costs. I would recomend a diaper with a soaker pad if your looking at using AIO's.
    They're a little expensive in up front costs but will save you in the long run. I've also used mine a time or two for overnight and they worked for me. I'm only a wetter
    no messing.

The best cloth diapers I have found are the Twill pre fold diapers sold at changingtimesdiaperco and rearz. they both sell the same diaper service quality diaper. I did try the Twill diapers sold by babypants and I would go back to changingtimes should I need more diapers.
    I see a lot of people on here like the Gauze diapers sold at adultclothdiapers, I have not tried them.
    You will also need plastic pants. I have purchased most of the plastic pants I am using from Comco.

I found the gauze night weight diapers from adultclothdiapers.com are the best for me. You can also have them custom made as thick as you dare.

No question for me, a cloth diaper is by far the best overnight diaper. It never leaks, is super comfortable and is much less expensive. A good rinse of the cloth diaper in the bathtub in the morning, a hand wash with a Dove soap bar of the plastic panty and a weekly laundering and folding of the cloth diapers take care of the maintenance. It is a little more work but really worth it in all respect including significantly less adverse impact on the environment. The cloth diapers are all home made from 4 flannel fabric panels (36"X28") with a 1 1/2" polyester elastic sewed on the back of the exterior panel and sewed velcro fasteners. The plastic panties are 0.12mm thick, are super smooth and super shiny. The plastic panties are also home made from vinyl sheets designed for diaper coverings with a 1/2" polyester elastic sewed on the inside of the panty to prevent wicking through the elastic fabric. This makes a leak proof and very comfy overnight diaper.

I have never tryed cloth Diapers but i will in the future I know alot of people use them and its something i want to try

Babykins love there stuff plus you can call them just Google the name they will help you fit over the phone.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by DL2326 View Post
    No question for me, a cloth diaper is by far the best overnight diaper. It never leaks, is super comfortable and is much less expensive. A good rinse of the cloth diaper in the bathtub in the morning, a hand wash with a Dove soap bar of the plastic panty and a weekly laundering and folding of the cloth diapers take care of the maintenance. It is a little more work but really worth it in all respect including significantly less adverse impact on the environment. The cloth diapers are all home made from 4 flannel fabric panels (36"X28") with a 1 1/2" polyester elastic sewed on the back of the exterior panel and sewed velcro fasteners. The plastic panties are 0.12mm thick, are super smooth and super shiny. The plastic panties are also home made from vinyl sheets designed for diaper coverings with a 1/2" polyester elastic sewed on the inside of the panty to prevent wicking through the elastic fabric. This makes a leak proof and very comfy overnight diaper.
    What type of cloth diaper is that?

I found the company in Canada Thanks I will order one set to try Never used cloth before

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    http://www.babykins.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    It is what is commonly called a flat diaper (sold pre-fold in retail stores) but this one is not pre-fold and the panels are not sewed together. That way, it is much easier to wash and dry. However, you have to fold each time you launder, a bit more time consuming, but as far as I am concerned really worth the extra effort.