Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton as new Secretary of State

Default Hillary Clinton as new Secretary of State

Discuss.

I have nothing to say...but wasn't foreign policy one of the few thing that her and Obama differed on?

Quote Originally Posted by andysetra View Post
    I have nothing to say...but wasn't foreign policy one of the few thing that her and Obama differed on?
    The only reason they differed greatly in foreign policy as far as I am concerned is that, Obama is black (obviously), so that gives us a better image for the situation we are in right now. Now no country can say that were racist! Which is good, because then other countries who are not sure if our intentions are good or bad, will now decide that were trying to do good if we elect a president while not looking at color.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    Has it been made offical yet that she will be SoS?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/22/us...2obama.html?em

Not entirely official, but this is the consensus everyone seems to be reaching. She still requires Senate confirmation, of course, but after six years in the Senate, a near-successful run to be the Democratic candidate, and with 58 Democrats in the Senate, that is a foregone conclusion.

Gah. Having the Clintons anywhere near the government makes my skin crawl. Bill Richardson would have been a much better pick. The only real experience Hillary has in foreign policy is her "dodging sniper fire" in bosnia.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    The only real experience Hillary has in foreign policy is her "dodging sniper fire" in bosnia.
    And, you know, being First Lady for eight years and going on hundreds of visits to other countries.

I personally think that she should have been given the Healthcare portfolio, but SoS should be fine for her. She really is too good to not put in a cabinet.

You know, being a pretty hardcore Republican, this will probably make my statement that much more eye-roll worthy ...

... but I absolutely hate Hillary Clinton with a passion in my heart. I don't have a good reason for it. I don't have any solid explanation as to why I hate her. I just think she's a selfish, self-centered attention sponge. When I see her face, it makes me want to break lightbulbs in my hands and eat the shards.

Anyone waiting for Rance to make his one uneducated pro-Republican comment just got their wish come true.

And the republicans did so much for this country in the past 8 years, were just lucky there gone for a while.

Now say thank you Mr Bush for all you have done for us, then try and think of something he actully did to help the american people other than his wealty "Base" as he called them.

Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    And, you know, being First Lady for eight years and going on hundreds of visits to other countries.

I personally think that she should have been given the Healthcare portfolio, but SoS should be fine for her. She really is too good to not put in a cabinet.
    Being a tourist is no foreign policy experience.