Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Downside Behind Overwhelming Acceptance

Default The Downside Behind Overwhelming Acceptance

So, my girlfriend of a few months has recently become aware of the whole babyfur side of me, and she loves it. She has even gone as far as to take the role of 'mommy' and everything. She's completely ecstatic. She changes me, she feeds me, the whole nine. And, to many of you, this is your most-wished-upon fantasy. That's all well and good. But as all fantasies go, when applied to real life, there's a large chance it hits a few snags that your perfectly-scripted-while-in-your-head fantasy did not.

My girlfriend is a little too excited about all of this. And when I say too excited, I mean she's been gushing to her friends. Which so happen to be my friends. I have friends of ours coming up to me left and right and throwing the occasional light-hearted joke and giggle and "D'aww that's just too freakin' adorable!"
    Which, again, is great and all.. They could be taking it worse.. But I mean..
    ...my girlfriend's telling people... Telling people who could tell other people.. And it's not like I can take it back. 9 or 10 people who didn't know a month ago now know and actively demonstrate that they know (hehe, a few bum pats. xD.. but that's besides the point!) We both have an extremely accepting group of friends. But now there's a very elevated level of paranoia.

My girlfriend has entrusted 9 or so other people with the excruciating details of this side of me and how it plays into our relationship *blushes* And I mean.. all it takes is for one of them to slip to someone else outside of our friend group, and then -boom- wildfire. The chances of me being exposed to a lot of people I do not want to be exposed to have skyrocketed.

Guess all that glitters is not necessarily gold.
    Interesting predicament I'm in.
    Thoughts? Advice?
    Last edited by PetPuppyAlex; 11-Feb-2013 at 14:06. Reason: Grammar Nazi. :3

H0TWH33LS

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyAllie View Post
    So, my girlfriend of a few months has recently become aware of the whole babyfur side of me, and she loves it. She has even gone as far as to take the role of 'mommy' and everything. She's completely ecstatic. She changes me, she feeds me, the whole nine. And, to many of you, this is your most-wished-upon fantasy. That's all well and good. But as all fantasies go, when applied to real life, there's a large chance it hits a few snags that your perfectly-scripted-while-in-your-head fantasy did not.

My girlfriend is a little too excited about all of this. And when I say too excited, I mean she's been gushing to her friends. Which so happen to be my friends. I have friends of ours coming up to me left and right and throwing the occasional light-hearted joke and giggle and "D'aww that's just too freakin' adorable!"
    Which, again, is great and all.. They could be taking it worse.. But I mean..
    ...my girlfriend's telling people... Telling people who could tell other people.. And it's not like I can take it back. 9 or 10 people who didn't know a month ago now know and actively demonstrate that they know (hehe, a few bum pats. xD.. but that's besides the point!) We both have an extremely accepting group of friends. But now there's a very elevated level of paranoia.

My girlfriend has entrusted 9 or so other people with the excruciating details of this side of me and how it plays into our relationship *blushes* And I mean.. all it takes is for one of them to slip to someone else outside of our friend group, and then -boom- wildfire. The chances of me being exposed to a lot of people I do not want to be exposed to have skyrocketed.

Guess all that glitters is not necessarily gold.
    Interesting predicament I'm in.
    Thoughts? Advice?
    If this is something that is seriously concerning you then I would suggest you communicate with your girlfriend. Similar to how some people do not like PDA I think you need to try and tone down her level of excitement (if it is something that is bothering you). I know it may seem overwhelming at first but if you weigh the opposite (disapproving) your life sounds pretty sweet. If I were in your shoes I would be concerned about other people finding out but you just have to keep a positive attitude about it. I do not seem a problem in your girlfriend sharing your lifestyle with your friends especially since your ABDL lifestyle is going to "overflow" into your social life at some point. In some ways I think your girlfriend is doing you a favor by taking the pressure of "coming out" off your hands. Sounds like you have a great relationship

"people throw rocks at things that shine"

When you told her about this side of you, didnīt you mention something like:
    „TOP-SECRET-!“, or „Please donīt tell anybody“?
    Maybe you two should sit down and talk, before this ends up in... I donīt know...
    some kind of Misery-situation...

... Oh, the pictures in my head...

... Oh yeah, aside from that:

Boo-hoo! My girlfriend loves my BF-side!
    Boo-hoo, my friends accept it as well!
    BOO-HOO, IīM LIVING OTHER PEOPLEīS DREAM!!!
    SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE FU
    Sorry, sorry, it just overwhelmed me for a second.
    Iīm fine. Iīm fine.

Just try to enjoy it... as long as itīs still enjoyable... :p

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHare View Post
    When you told her about this side of you, didnīt you mention something like:
    „TOP-SECRET-!“, or „Please donīt tell anybody“?
    Maybe you two should sit down and talk, before this ends up in... I donīt know...
    some kind of Misery-situation...

... Oh, the pictures in my head...

... Oh yeah, aside from that:

Boo-hoo! My girlfriend loves my BF-side!
    Boo-hoo, my friends accept it as well!
    BOO-HOO, IīM LIVING OTHER PEOPLEīS DREAM!!!
    SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE FU
    Sorry, sorry, it just overwhelmed me for a second.
    Iīm fine. Iīm fine.

Just try to enjoy it... as long as itīs still enjoyable... :p
    xD Yes, yes it is quite amazing, all this acceptance. x3 I just.. I don't want this information getting into the wrong hands due to an overzealous girlfriend who gushes to a big-mouthed friend who has a slip of the tongue to someone else and then... I'm still in high school. I'd be completely phizzucked in less than a day. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyAllie View Post
    ... I'd be completely phizzucked in less than a day...
    See? Thatīs why I scared away and/or ate all my friends years ago!
    I had to do it, theyīre a serious danger to my social status!

I wouldn't tell her to tone down her excitement, but rather just keep her excitement between you and her. Honestly, having a S/O that's super excited about babying me is just a dream come true, so I wouldn't wanna make him/her any less excited

Talk to her. Don't say WTF how dare you talk about our personal lives to your friends, but just tell her you are uncomfortable with her sharing intimate details about you and your relationship to all her friends. Express your appreciation of privacy and that it is ok to talk about some things with some people, but that you would prefer her to be more discrete. Have open ended conversations where she can tell you why she likes to talk about this with other people and maybe meet somewhere in the middle.

If you don't like how involved she is, talk to her about that too. I personally would not like to have another person involved in my abdlism even if we were very close and intimate, subtly but not the way you are describing. It is great she is accepting and willing to participate, but too accepting and/or too involved can be just as bad as unaccepting.

Ultimately, if she is making you uncomfortable in any way, then you should talk to her about it.

This is the problem with you Facebook generation kids... you don't understand that in order to be emotionally healthy you need to take all the things that make you different or angry or give you strong feelings of any kind, then shut them all up inside a big closet inside your head and never talk about them to anyone and always be ashamed of them, because that's what normal people do.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    This is the problem with you Facebook generation kids... you don't understand that in order to be emotionally healthy you need to take all the things that make you different or angry or give you strong feelings of any kind, then shut them all up inside a big closet inside your head and never talk about them to anyone and always be ashamed of them, because that's what normal people do.
    Totally not sarcasm right there. :p

Quote Originally Posted by SnowTrees View Post
    Totally not sarcasm right there. :p
    More like irony ACTUALLY

Father Ted: Now THAT'S sarcasm