Thread: ABU Cushies Cloth

Default ABU Cushies Cloth

... Well, I finally saved up enough money for the big 80 case of Cushies... And they're out of stock. Just my luck... But I'm still REALLY excited to get them.

Does anyone have some insider info on a more accurate estimate of when they'll be available again?

Thanks!

No idea, but one question: Have you used Cushies before? The fit of Cushies is a bit hit-or-miss. My waist size of 38" was within the range for medium, but I found the mediums too short. The larges were MUCH better. They ride a bit high, but the tape line lands right above my hips and makes them very comfortable and snug-fitting. I guess my point is: If you haven't used Cushies before, don't order a case of 80! Get a very small package of each size and see which one works best on you.

I have to agree, that goes for any large order of diapers, best check first. Don't sopose if anyone knows the best way to get the Abu chushies with cloth in the uk

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll order a 2 pack of each size before I order 80.

I was kind of curious as to the sizing anyhow. My waist goes between 34 and 36 depending on the time of year (gotta love the holidays...)

Quote Originally Posted by PaciAlone View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion - I'll order a 2 pack of each size before I order 80.

I was kind of curious as to the sizing anyhow. My waist goes between 34 and 36 depending on the time of year (gotta love the holidays...)
    I think that's a good call. From what I hear, the Cushies look really nice but aren't all that absorbent (at least, not for the price). It's best to make sure you like them first!

Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    I think that's a good call. From what I hear, the Cushies look really nice but aren't all that absorbent (at least, not for the price). It's best to make sure you like them first!
    About that... Would double diapering help with the absorbency? Is not that big of an issue, since I really don't wet that much or often. I more enjoy the feel of putting on a nice dry diaper... After I wet.

I don't really care about thickness either - I just want them to look and feel like a real baby diaper.

I'm a 30 inch waist and the smallest size fits me pretty good. They are quite comfy, and have cool designs, but lack in absorption compared to the Abenas. I've tried both the plastic and cloth backed Cushies and honestly prefer the cloth ones as they are a bit more comfortable, but that's just my opinion. I also think the babyfresh scent is worth the extra dough.

I really like the cloth backed Cushies. They do seem to be better then the plastic backed ones which I like. They do have a bit of an absorption issue. My suggestion is get a package of Tena Guards and it will add a good bit of absorption to them. I just ordered a 40 pack of SDK from them because with the 20% off and a coupon code that took off another 15%.

I also ordered with the 20% off 2 cases of cushies plastic backed and 2 cases of the SDK I have tryed the cloth backed but did not like them I like the one tab tape diapers because there easy to get on.