Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

First, I’ll keep it on topic and say “no”, but I’m sure places like “Forever-A-Kid” could just as easily make one custom for you, if you show Marcie the idea. Seems pretty simply enough really.
    Now, about that website, I can see if they were making those items for toddlers, but those kids look like they’re around four to five years old (if not a little older). The irony about what I’m going to say is, I’m an AB and I still find this strange. Kids are usually out of diapers by the age of three at the latest in most cases (I’ve known). Unless the child has some kind of mental health issue, why on earth would you need a locking sleeper for a child that age, when just simply telling them NOT to take their diaper off, would suffice? I’m not being judgmental by any means; I’m just confused about the targeted consumer for these products.

Ok, the kids on that site look a bit old to be in diapers...they are just the product models obviously. After reading the reviews, my question to you is...if you were to find something like this in your size, how do you intend to get out of it? I hope you've got a partner to to put you into it and take you out of it. I think it would be pretty embarassing to be trapped in a sleeper with a wet and/or smelly diaper otherwise!

Good Luck.

-Gus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    The irony about what I’m going to say is, I’m an AB and I still find this strange. Kids are usually out of diapers by the age of three at the latest in most cases (I’ve known). Unless the child has some kind of mental health issue, why on earth would you need a locking sleeper for a child that age, when just simply telling them NOT to take their diaper off, would suffice? I’m not being judgmental by any means; I’m just confused about the targeted consumer for these products.
    Read the testimonials, most all of the parents who ordered these have children with autism or some other health issue. I thought it was odd at first too until I read the reviews.

-Gus

You could probably could just as well make them, it doesn't seem too hard and this is coming from the worst sewer possible.

Default Question

I've always wanted one of those!! I just showed them to a friend the other night. I contacted them a while back and they don't make them for older kids because of lack of demand.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    I've always wanted one of those!! I just showed them to a friend the other night. I contacted them a while back and they don't make them for older kids because of lack of demand.
    Right, but they show sizing for up to about 10 year olds. Seems odd to me.

I know of 2 places that have adult back zipper pajamas. Neither is very affordable, and I have yet to buy from them but I am very eager to do so. Both have good reviews in my experience.

The all-in-one company based in the UK.
    All in one Company, personalised sleep suits & all-in-ones for all ages
    Customized 1-piece pjs for adults, kids, and even teddies. Back zipper at no additional cost, zipper tab cover for a few dollars more. Overall expect about $85 and up (plus shipping of at least $40) for standard adult sized fleece pajamas. Lots of patterns, colors, materials, additions, customized features etc.

Save-express airoliver based in Germany.
    SaveExpress | Sanitaetsfachhandel Save Express Oliver Weidlich Sanitaetshaus
    Large selection of adult diapers and other abdl specific items. They have a nice selection of special needs clothing including back zipper and locking clothing. They also have ones which open along the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    Ok, the kids on that site look a bit old to be in diapers...they are just the product models obviously. After reading the reviews, my question to you is...if you were to find something like this in your size, how do you intend to get out of it? I hope you've got a partner to to put you into it and take you out of it. I think it would be pretty embarassing to be trapped in a sleeper with a wet and/or smelly diaper otherwise!
    - - - Updated - - -
    They are made for kids with special needs. Many kids with severe autism are still in diapers at late ages and may have the compulsion to take those diapers off. Dementia patients also may need locking clothing and potentially wear diapers. When I eventually get some back zip pajamas I will tie a string to the zipper so I can pull it up and down by myself, as for button locking tab cover it is only on the neck and easily accessed if you are good with buttons (which special needs kids are not always good at). There is some real potential for embarrassment though, but I think it sounds fun and very regressive.

There's also Donann in the UK who will put the zip on the back of a sleeper if you ask them to do so when order. I have a sleeper from there and it seems like pretty good quality. The customer service was also excellent.