Thread: Apps/things to do with Android 2.3.7?

Default Apps/things to do with Android 2.3.7?

I got a HTC Intruder from a friend a few weeks ago. Since then I got rid of the AT&T bullshit and installed Cyanmod 7.2.0 which is Android 2.3.7. I also overclocked the CPU up to 806MHz.

Anyways asides from netfix, youtube, google voice search and maps. What other things can/should I do with it?

Simpsons Tapped Out won't install on it, likely due to low end specs for androids these days. MLP:FiM game does run but playing it on a 3.2 inch screen is a painful joke.

So recommend away please.

Cherub

Wifi analyzer - shows you wifi strength and other various wifi information

Shazam - if you hear a song you like, but don't know anything about it. Let this app listen to the song and in 30 or less you'll have all kinds of song/album/group information about it

Paypal - great mobile app to control your paypal while on-the-go. Total control over your paypal account.

Ebay - wonderful app for total, quick and organized control over your Ebay account. Look around, bid, pay, comment, ect all from this app.

I have others, but these are the ones I can think of right off the top of my head at themoment.

wifi analyzer seems unnesscary considering i can check that stuff in settings I think.

Shazam seems cool, but it requires data connection I assume and can't save it for later analyze? (No data plan, plus my tmobile sim card wont register so I'll need to look into that anyhow.)

paypal and ebay aren't things I'll need or at least be using enough to keep.

Also I should note my friend gave me the phone with the 2GB microSD included.

Best suggestion I can give you is go to the Google Play Store check out what's available. I usually just download 'free' stuff..but there's a LOT of free stuff on there! The best thing is you can search the store on your computer and then just connect via wifi on your device to download the apps you think you'll like best.

Some of the apps I use the most are: Amazon Kindle, Convert Pad, Skype, Adobe Reader and a bunch of games.

Default Re: Apps/things to do with Android 2.3.7?

If you want to automate tasks on your phone try Tasker or AutomateIt.

Tasker has a bit of a higher learning curve but it is more powerful than AutomateIt .

People have used Tasker to automatically open their garage door, turn on the house lights, and turn on the stereo as they pull into their driveway (obviously other hardware is needed for this).

I use it to adjust my phone volume at night, text my wife automatically when I leave work, and turn my Wifi on and off whenever I leave home.

Here is a few Apps i use

Hotmail app if you have a hotmail/live email account
    GO contacts/dialer
    Winamp
    Youtube
    Zedge
    Fast Reboot
    Convertpad
    Close all
    Plume (kinda like it better then the twitter app)
    Back My tones (can keep a backup of who you have your ringtones set to if something happens)
    Avast! (So ive been told androids need to have a antivirus)
    Barcode and a QR scaner
    Auto turn off Wifi
    Flashlight (if your phone has a flash for the camera it can be used as a very bright flashlight
    Evernote
    Smartactions (very awesome app if it does not come preloaded)
    ASTRO File Manager
    dictionary.com App ( well you never know )
    MLP FiM sound board (trust me you will love this)
    My Little Pony Widget
    Tapatalk

Everyone likes HD Widgets or bueatiful widgets for clocks and weather apps but I just use Pixel Art Clock and the preload weather app.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    wifi analyzer seems unnesscary considering i can check that stuff in settings I think.
    Strike one

Shazam seems cool, but it requires data connection I assume and can't save it for later analyze? (No data plan, plus my tmobile sim card wont register so I'll need to look into that anyhow.)
    Strike two

paypal and ebay aren't things I'll need or at least be using enough to keep.
    Strike three. You're outta there!
    Well then,,,,