Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't Adult Diapers Have The Same Features As Baby Diapers?

Wearewhoweare

Default Why Don't Adult Diapers Have The Same Features As Baby Diapers?

Besides the obvious fact that adults are bigger. Adult diapers lack allot, compare a normal adult diaper to a pampers diaper. why wouldn't they work?

well i think because size diffrences in padding, if you basically "grew" a baby diaper to adult size there would be lotsa padding.
    also adults are taller so the "dimentions" of the diaper would be wibbly.

Adult diapers look really boring but maybe the manufacturers think that only elderly incontinent people wear them (not thinking ABDL, i.e). I work in health care, changing lots of diapers during my shift, our diapers dont even have a small decorative flower on them

Some AB brands are attempting to fix this, such as ABU. Although, I dream one day of having an adult sized Pampers. A man can dream...

Manufacturers make mainly what the health care providers want at a reasonable cost. The online sellers of IC products take most of the rest. If you want strictly
    AB/DL products then you need to go to ABU or Bambino. Myself I like Monika at Dependeco for her variety of AB/DL cloth diapers which are very well made and
    top quality.

There's a lot of people out there who need diapers but don't share the affinity for them that we do. When you look a baby, you can tell they're in a diaper. Many adults don't want that, and if you look at Depend ads, it's always about how you're not giving up your adultness or independence, and about it not being known that they're wearing protective underwear. They're rarely called "diapers" in the adult world. They're "undergarments", "briefs", etc.

Grab a bambino bellissimo, add a couple of abri-let maxi's and you are pretty close. You also can't put on any pants that you likely own or walk without waddling and they will take hours to actually fill but I think its pretty close to what you might be looking for.

I think Bambino does a great job of that. Have you tried their diapers. I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wearewhoweare View Post
    Besides the obvious fact that adults are bigger. Adult diapers lack allot, compare a normal adult diaper to a pampers diaper. why wouldn't they work?

I think that it is fairly obvious how the baby diaper transforms into adult diapers in which case there are more than several acceptable brands. I want to know, why aren't adult pull-ups more like children's pull-ups? There is absolutely no correlation between any brand of adult pull-up with any child size pull-up, which strangely enough, it seems that these make up most of the incontinent communities purchase and use. Why doesn't the padding come all the way to the top? Why are standing leak barriers so rare that you have to buy premium brands to get them? Why is there such a disparity between absorbencies? Why do all of them have that horrendous 4-5 extra inches of material on top that has no purpose whatsoever? Why do they all look like the most horribly designed garment since the late 1800's? And finally, and maybe most importantly of all, why are there no adult pull-ups with Camo, Helicopters, Fairies, Spiderman, MLP, flowers, G.I. Joes, TMNT, GhostBusters, Sponge Bob, or Barbie prints on them!?! Outrage!

Quote Originally Posted by kerpow View Post
    There's a lot of people out there who need diapers but don't share the affinity for them that we do. When you look a baby, you can tell they're in a diaper. Many adults don't want that, and if you look at Depend ads, it's always about how you're not giving up your adultness or independence, and about it not being known that they're wearing protective underwear. They're rarely called "diapers" in the adult world. They're "undergarments", "briefs", etc.
    These days you can't even tell a baby has a diaper on. They have made them so thin now.