Thread: Low low loow sex drive

Default Low low loow sex drive

Hey everyone.
    Ive been dating my girlfriend for nearly 2 years now, and we used to have sec A LOT. Now, hardly ever. She always is horny, i USED to be always horny, now i just arent at all, basically ever. O just turned 19 yesterday, and i find this really strange and upsetting. My girlfriend has noticed it and im really upset about it and knowing her insecurities she always feels she is feeling like this is her fault.. I know ive made posts similar to this, but everything else ive talked about has been cut out. Usually it went from being horny to one week then a low sex drive week the next, but now its just like im rarely horny. I duno maybe i should go see a doctor or something, but i dont want to be on meds for a sex drive at this age, nor never.
    Any ideas anyone? :'(
    Thanks.

Default Low low loow sex drive

I think a visit to the doctor would be in your (and her) best interest.

To me it sounds like a hormonal imbalance (testosterone).

Countdown

Have you started on any medications recently? I know that antidepressants and a few other medications often include loss of sex drive as a side-effect.

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by ShortGuy View Post
    I think a visit to the doctor would be in your (and her) best interest.

To me it sounds like a hormonal imbalance (testosterone).
    Woah woah woah, STEADY ON! The OP's 19 and he's not feeling horny; I don't think it's time to start on the meds just yet!

Antidepressants can reduce sex-drive. Honestly though, at your age it's highly unlikely you'd be experiencing physiological difficulties in that department. You probably have thought about these things but :

- Are you looking after yourself: Getting enough sleep? eating a balanced diet? not drinking into the early hours?
    - Are you still attracted to your partner? Relationships are exciting to begin with but can cool down. When that happens the question is: can you find something to kindle the spark again?
    - Are you going through a stressful patch or have you just been through a stressful patch? Either can effect your sex life.
    - Are you exercising regularly? Were you exercising regularly before?
    - Has any significant change occurred in the patterns of your everyday life now compared to what you were doing before?

Other than that, if you're experimenting with your DL side more, that could have an effect on your drive as well.

Above all, don't worry about it. Worry will not help in this situation. Be cool with the possibility that you're just not feeling horny at the moment. Let it work its course. If your girlfriend is the person you're meant to be with, she will be understanding about it.

hope that's a help. Keep the doctor out of this for now! Take it easy

Jsaur, a couple of blood tests is not "starting the meds"!

Just a way to eliminate one of the factors in lowered male sex drive.

Quote Originally Posted by clip12 View Post
    Hey everyone.
    Ive been dating my girlfriend for nearly 2 years now, and we used to have sec A LOT. Now, hardly ever. She always is horny, i USED to be always horny, now i just arent at all, basically ever. O just turned 19 yesterday, and i find this really strange and upsetting. My girlfriend has noticed it and im really upset about it and knowing her insecurities she always feels she is feeling like this is her fault.. I know ive made posts similar to this, but everything else ive talked about has been cut out. Usually it went from being horny to one week then a low sex drive week the next, but now its just like im rarely horny. I duno maybe i should go see a doctor or something, but i dont want to be on meds for a sex drive at this age, nor never.
    Any ideas anyone? :'(
    Thanks.
    How often do you practice your DL'ism?
    Im just wondering if your kink is maybe strengthening to a level of preferential fetish or full blown fetish.
    Please respond Clip12, im sure we would all like to help, although we are not doctors.

Worrying won't help, but failing to be concerned could cause you to ignore a possible serious problem. It's not about being on meds for your sex drive, this could be a symptom of something as serious as high blood pressure or diabetes, which of course we have no way of affirming or ruling out on the basis of your post alone.

If I were you I'd look for alternative causes. Are you experiencing significantly more stress? Are you still aroused by things besides your girlfriend? If she's a new girlfriend, it could just be you getting more comfortable with her, and therefore less excited. Having a low sex drive to begin with could be normal, but a sudden drop is definitely something to look into.

I would go see a doctor (just being safe) Could be alot of things and if you wait to long you might have bigger issues Better to be safe then sorry