Thread: I need some Question's answered about diaper rash.

Default I need some Question's answered about diaper rash.

I just have 4 question's about diaper rash if any of you can answer them then great thanks.

#1 If I have never gotten a diaper rash b4 Does it mean I have a very high resistance to diaper rash.

#2 Will Baby powder keep a rash away, is there no chance of getting one while using baby powder or is it still possible.

#3 On a degree of 1-10 how bad does a diaper rash hurt exactly.

#4 Are there any home remedies to getting rid of diaper rash without family Knowing.

Thanks in advance all.
    -Hailey

#1 If I have never gotten a diaper rash b4 Does it mean I have a very high resistance to diaper rash.

It just means you haven't been wet enough, for long enough.

#2 Will Baby powder keep a rash away, is there no chance of getting one while using baby powder or is it still possible.

Anything is possible... But powder helps. So does diaper rash cream.

#3 On a degree of 1-10 how bad does a diaper rash hurt exactly.

It's not painful, more like athletes foot in your diaper area. Scratch it enough and it starts to suck a bit.

#4 Are there any home remedies to getting rid of diaper rash without family Knowing.

Diaper rash cream is the best. Hiding from the family... That's up to you

1) There are many different types of diaper rash. There is contact rash where the diaper can cause irritation to your skin. There is bacterial rash which is where most rashes usually fall into. Urine is the main factor as it breaks down into ammonia and can be a growth media for many different bacteria! Then there is also an allergic reaction to the diaper itself! Just because you have not had one yet doesn't mean that you will not get one. If you keep yourself real clean and dry you will minimize your risk of getting a diaper rash.

2) Baby powder works in preventing rash in two ways: 1-Keeps chafing down (contact rash) 2-Helps minimize moisture in the skin from sweat which helps prevent bacterial rash.

3) I know Squash said a rash is not bad, however, I will disagree here. There are rashes that can get REAL out of hand. If you do not follow up and take care of a rash it can really become painful! I have had a rash when I was sick one time, and even with cleaning and stuff it got so bad I had to call into work once! I would say there are rashes that can fall into any category of 1-10!

4) baby powder, diaper rash cream, etc.

Home remedy-wise yoghurt calms inflammation and is used in a number of medicinal creams to treat that area (unlucky for me, I have some eczema in that area so I know more about this subject than I would want to). bear in mind though that diaper rash is fungal so you'll probably need to buy a cream as suggested above if it persists. My GP gave me a cream once when I had it really bad down there and before I'd realised it was a bad diaper rash, he was like... "hmmm, this can happen if it gets really sweaty down there and you don't clean it soon enough"... i was like "errr yeah, it's from jogging and then not getting in the shower soon enough" (possible, but you can guess the likeliest cause!)

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiii View Post
    3) I know Squash said a rash is not bad, however, I will disagree here. There are rashes that can get REAL out of hand. If you do not follow up and take care of a rash it can really become painful! I have had a rash when I was sick one time, and even with cleaning and stuff it got so bad I had to call into work once! I would say there are rashes that can fall into any category of 1-10!
    I agree with this. 2 or 3 years ago I had the house to myself for a week, and was stupid and decided to see how long I could torture myself in a messy diaper. Wearing a triple diaper and after 28 hours I couldn't take any more of the discomfort or smell, and went in the shower. The water touching my skin was painful. but I had to wash well to get it all off. Touching with the towel to dry was just as painful and there was a small bit of blood on it after drying off. I looked for my rash cream but it was gone plus I needed febreeze. Walking to the bus stop was so bad, even with a new diaper over it I could feel the rubbing making it more painful.

When I finally got back home with the cream, when putting it on the pain was like 11. It was stinging really badly but the coolness did help. In just over a week it had improved.

What I did (And never will again) was taking it to extremes, but I really see why rash makes babies cry now.

Default Sv: I need some Question's answered about diaper rash.

That's was a great explanation. Sounds like it was really bad. When did you first fell the rash?

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    That's was a great explanation. Sounds like it was really bad. When did you first fell the rash?
    I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a weird type of pain. It was a stinging type of pain. Nothing bad at the time. 4 hours after that when I took it off and took a shower was when it was really painful. Before that it was only uncomfortable.

I really regret trying that and never will again. Now the longest I go before changing out of a messy diaper is a hour.

I have delt with Incontinence for over 30 years
    #1 in a word no.
    #2 it helps but don't rely on it
    #3 Diaper rash is like a scraped knee. How much it hurts depends on how bad it is
    #4 My mother would use corn starch but I have never tried it since I was older

The first rule is don't get it in the first place. And the next three rules to prevent it are Clean, clean, clean. Use wipes at every change and a bath or shower at least once a day is a must.
    If you aren't IC and you get a rash stop using diapers until it clears up.
    Use a good diaper cream. My favorite is Desitin rapid relief. It doesn't smell like the orginal kind does.
    If you find yourself prone to diaper rash try shaving. It has helped me.
    If you are IC try to find a time and place to air out.
    A bad case of diaper rash can lead to infection so don't play aroud with this.