Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Incon parents

Default Question for Incon parents

So I was wondering for those of you who are incon and have kids, do they know about your diapers? And if so, did you find it more difficult to get them potty trained because they knew you wore diapers too?

I think this question has been asked before in several ways - my take is that adults are adults and children are children. We need to respect the different needs and levels of understanding that come at different stages of life. How you do this depends on a lot of things - including the kind of home you have - if you are in a cramped space and use cloth diapers there is no way you will keep it from your kids. With disposable diapers and a secure storage place there is no need for your diaper needs to be very obvious to your children. Perhaps the ideal is for the kids not to have the complication of knowing a carer is incontinent just at the time they are getting potty trained and coping with the "accidents" that are par for the course. Once that stage is over and as they gain maturity a gradual process of increased understanding about mum or dads needs can come fairly naturally on the basis of the developing relationship we aim to have with our kids.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I think this question has been asked before in several ways - my take is that adults are adults and children are children. We need to respect the different needs and levels of understanding that come at different stages of life. How you do this depends on a lot of things - including the kind of home you have - if you are in a cramped space and use cloth diapers there is no way you will keep it from your kids. With disposable diapers and a secure storage place there is no need for your diaper needs to be very obvious to your children. Perhaps the ideal is for the kids not to have the complication of knowing a carer is incontinent just at the time they are getting potty trained and coping with the "accidents" that are par for the course. Once that stage is over and as they gain maturity a gradual process of increased understanding about mum or dads needs can come fairly naturally on the basis of the developing relationship we aim to have with our kids.
    I asked because about the age you are potty training them they are in the "Monkey see, monkey do" mentality. Kids follow example and depending on the level of the severity of the parent who is incon, if only mommy can show them how to go potty, they will think something is wrong with daddy. Ya know?

Now I am not talking if one of the parents is just wearing for fun/fetish. Also at any stage, how do you explain your having to wear diapers to your kids?

in a factual manner, i assume... i guarantee there will be occasions where a parent has to use the bathroom, or change their diaper, while watching their curious 3-year-old (or up). it's inevitable. if your kid asks and you answer honestly and at your kid's level, it will simply be accepted as a fact. a 3-year-old usually understands the concept of a bladder and the job it does, so it's safe to start from that and just tell your kid that yours isn't working right.

Quote Originally Posted by whisko View Post
    in a factual manner, i assume... i guarantee there will be occasions where a parent has to use the bathroom, or change their diaper, while watching their curious 3-year-old (or up). it's inevitable. if your kid asks and you answer honestly and at your kid's level, it will simply be accepted as a fact. a 3-year-old usually understands the concept of a bladder and the job it does, so it's safe to start from that and just tell your kid that yours isn't working right.
    Touche, you just have to be careful how you word it. If they think Daddy/Mommy is sick or broken, they WILL try to fix you. Ran into that trying to explain some health issues to my 3 yhr old cousin. Lol

Default Re: Question for Incon parents

I have to be careful around my three year old. I spent my entire life sleeping in just under are, shirts always choke me and pants get all tangled up. Been nocturnal incon for a couple years now, so I've been sleeping in just my diaper at night... Couple weeks ago, she came running in our bedroom scared. I groggily sat up, reached for my shorts to put them on, and she asked... What's that thick thing between your legs? Is that your diaper?
    I almost fell out of my bed! I told her it was just my underwear and quickly pulled up my shorts! She questioned me again about it, but I dismissed it and quickly changed the subject!

I know I won't be able to hide it forever, but for now, I now try to at least wear boxers or shorts over my diaper at night!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdisc View Post
    I have to be careful around my three year old. I spent my entire life sleeping in just under are, shirts always choke me and pants get all tangled up. Been nocturnal incon for a couple years now, so I've been sleeping in just my diaper at night... Couple weeks ago, she came running in our bedroom scared. I groggily sat up, reached for my shorts to put them on, and she asked... What's that thick thing between your legs? Is that your diaper?
    I almost fell out of my bed! I told her it was just my underwear and quickly pulled up my shorts! She questioned me again about it, but I dismissed it and quickly changed the subject!

I know I won't be able to hide it forever, but for now, I now try to at least wear boxers or shorts over my diaper at night!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    See, this is the type of response I figured would happen. JDISC, do you think that your daughter has seen you in your diaper before maybe, given that her deductive reasoning jumped straight to "diaper"?

Default Re: Question for Incon parents

Quote Originally Posted by KidFlashed View Post
    See, this is the type of response I figured would happen. JDISC, do you think that your daughter has seen you in your diaper before maybe, given that her deductive reasoning jumped straight to "diaper"?
    We have a 1 year old in diapers still, plus, she's a girl and has lots of baby dolls with toy diapers. I don't think it is a big leap at all. I doubt she has seen my diapers before, but I suppose it's possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Though I never flaunted it around my girls, they both knew from the begining that Dad was in diapers. They also knew why and growing up with it they would talk openly about it at home.
    My youngest was the one that was "going to ware diapers like Daddy" It took some work on the part of my wife and I to convince her she was now a big girl and to use the potty.
    By the way they are both grown women with children of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    Though I never flaunted it around my girls, they both knew from the begining that Dad was in diapers. They also knew why and growing up with it they would talk openly about it at home.
    My youngest was the one that was "going to ware diapers like Daddy" It took some work on the part of my wife and I to convince her she was now a big girl and to use the potty.
    By the way they are both grown women with children of their own.
    Thank you for the response. This gives me a fairly good idea what to possibly expect. My fiance and I just wondered since I have some incon issues at night. We knew they were already going to have to know about Daddy's ostomy but wasn't sure what to expect about the diapers. Because living at home still, its hard to hide it from my parents again.