Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi,

I'm not a very social person, so this is hard for me.

I'm in my twenties, working a shitty job and studying humanities. I like to read, pretty much everything. I just read American Gods by the glorious Neil Gaiman. His way of telling a modern myth is compelling. I'm also a big fan of ab/dl fiction, here it seems there is a vivid discussion and a variety of perspectives on this kind of literature.

Personally I'm very much interested in politics. It's strange to me how in our current society we seem to only be talking to people which are a lot like ourselves. This is why I like the AB/DL/* Community, you meet pretty much a random selection of people with so many different backgrounds.

Most of the time I'm either sleeping, reading or watching american quality TV shows. Oh! And I like to eat, too! Just recently I discovered Californication, but slowly I get bored with the Karen/Hank relationship. And somehow I hate shows that feature a father/daughter relationship, because there always is this unrealistic, supposed to be funny or what aspect of a daughter educating her father. Oh! Oh! And I love Portlandia!

I hope you understood at least a bit of what I've written, since I'm cleary not a native english speaker. I've been born in Germany and lived here most of the time. Currently I'm living in Frankfurt, which used to be the intellectual capital of Germany well into the 80ies. A lot of publishers and authors used to live here, nowadays there are just banks and everyone is always working. As I said, I prefer sleeping.

Hej you!

Always good to hear from you and welcome to Adisc. Personally, I would like to hear your opinion on the leveling up system

> Currently I'm living in Frankfurt, which used to be the intellectual capital of Germany well into the 80ies.

What is the intellectual capital of Germany nowadays? Still, Frankfurt is leading in the GaWC global city connectedness index due to its banks and stuff

All the best from that same old tiger

Hello,

thank you for your kind welcome, Mr. Windeltiger!

What is the intellectual capital of Germany nowadays? Still, Frankfurt is leading in the GaWC global city connectedness index due to its banks and stuff
    Well, I don't want this thread turning into a discussion of Germany by Germans. Having said that, I don't think there is a intellectual capital anymore. The world has changed a lot since 1989/90 as Eric Hobsbawn argued in Age of Extremes. With the loss of the Communism/Capitalism matrix, there isn't much need for intellectual debate anymore. Capitalism won, so why worry about the immanent ideals of our society? We are clearly living in the best world possible. All there is left is ideology and survival.

I don't understand anything, but is it THAT chesire-cat? yesyesyes?

WELCOME

I enjoyed reading your post. Welcome. I am new to the community as well. You sound like a very interesting person, and while I know you are not much of a social person, I would love to share even a small bit of interaction with you if nothing else.

I hope you are well today.

Hello babysally, Hi Malin,

thank you for your kind words! Yes, my nickname is inspired by Alice in Wonderland. ( *disappearing*).

I don't understand anything
    Well, I do hope it is because of my use of buzzwords. Or is my grammar just garbage? If that's the case, I would very much appreciate someone pointing it out to me.