Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qestion about Dry 24/7's

Default Qestion about Dry 24/7's

Just a question, i wanted to know if i was the only one having this issue. Well i have been ordering dry 24/7 from xpmedical for over a year now. I have probly been through 7 or 8 half cases, I keep having issues with defects. They have issues like large patches of glue in the center of the diaper, or pinholes. Usualy it makes anywhere from 4-8 out of 36 unusable. Is anyone else having this happen? It's getting to the point that i may switch abena, iv'e never tried them but they are same price on xp for x-plus. If they dont have as high of a defective rate i may switch to them.

I've only had one faulty pack of Abena Abri-Form M4.
    That was only a tape issue on one side of the diaper, but affected the entire pack... so was obviously a fault with the taping machine.
    I sent photos, the supplier sent a replacement pack from a different batch

I've been useing Dry24/7's since last October. I haven't had any of the problems you've talked about. I did have a minor problem with the blue tape on
    the top right. I told Gary about it when I put in my request for autoshipment. I found it to be only in the first pack and only involved a few diapers.
    I'm now on my 3rd pack of the case with no more problems. I only use them for overnight.

PaddedPuppy

I used to get the old blue ones, so things have changed now, and I haven't had a chance to try the new ones yet. But my bags sometimes had a few extra in them, packed really tightly. Anything up to 3 extra, and in the packs that had extras, one or 2 at the end will have had some sort of defect. Sometimes it was pinholes, sometimes missing tapes, sometimes a big rip going down the plastic.

Usually I made the defective one work for me by doubling up and putting a good one over, making a few more holes to drain through, when I wanted it really thick.

I have had small isolated issues now and then. But I haven't had anything show stoppingly wrong with them. *knock on wood*. That being said if you do have something disasterously wrong with your order. Take photos and email Gary about them. He has replaced faulty packs of Dry 24/7 if there are a number of defects. He surprises me when he does it now and then. I just report defects for the sake of letting Dry Care know they messed up, but Gary goes the extra mile occasionally and replaces them. He's fantastic.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    but Gary goes the extra mile occasionally and replaces them. He's fantastic.
    His commitment to a customer service level is unparallelled IMO. That's why I like to buy from him most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    Its never happened to me I order directly from Comfort and Confidence - Dry247.com site. I never had that problem.
    I can fill in a reason for why that may have been. In reply to one of my emails detailing defects in my Dry 24/7 order Gary mentioned they (because of their small size in the past) apparently rent time on manufacturing equipment for their diapers. In a smaller sect they run the (also then) custom color (white) that XP Medical required as a distributor. Point being when you stop running machinery to change what it's making you're bound to have some off calibrated diapers. Which are visible from things like miss-cut wings, poorly distributed padding, etc etc.. So you had Dry 24/7's main product calibration (the blue / purple backing) and then the assumingly smaller run of plain white diapers for XP Medical. But that's been made irrelevant now that they've white their default color.

Cherub

they (because of their small size in the past) apparently rent time on manufacturing equipment for their diapers.
    I never knew that. Hmm, I wonder how much it costs to rent time on a diaper making machine?

Point being when you stop running machinery to change what it's making you're bound to have some off calibrated diapers.
    Hmm, makes sense. I never knew the one company could rent time on another company's equipment and make a production run.

Default Re: Qestion about Dry 24/7's

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Hmm, makes sense. I never knew the one company could rent time on another company's equipment and make a production run.
    That intrigued me as well. Assuming it is true (I dunno why Gary would lie for a third party after all) this would naturally lend some validity to their interest in making their own production lines stateside. I can only imagine what that will do to their profile margin.