Thread: What Type of Place is a Good House/Space to Live?

Default What Type of Place is a Good House/Space to Live?

Hey guys,

So i was wondering; being a AB and all, and having a Daddy that is a few thousand miles away from me give or take , i was thinking about a perfect place for me and my Daddy to live in, ya know, to feel like i could release all my AB side when i want to.

The house has got to have:
    -Three floors on the structure (Bedrooms on the second floor, living room on the first floor, and the Den under the first Floor)
    -The bedrooms should be between the size of a small room and a master room
    -The Kitchen should be on the same level as the Living Room, to be easy to get food from
    -There should be four rooms on the second floor; one is the Master room(where Daddy sleeps), one is the Nursery(closest room to the Master room), and the last two should be Guest rooms
    -The house should have cooling air, water access, and electricity, like all houses have
    -There should be some bathrooms too, and a master batheroom in the Master room (to keep from certian toddlers from places)
    -The Backyard should be fenced in, to keep people from peeping whats going on if you catch my drift
    -The Backyard should also have some flower beds or garden, you know, for decoration

....thats all i got so far,

what about all of you guys and gals of the community, what type of house do you want to live in?

Don't forget a decent-sized laundry room for your dream house!--with an upgraded washer & dryer/clothes folding table/linen closet storage area.that should round out your dream house(good room choice descriptions on your house as well-sounds cozy!!!).The house I want to live in,I'm living in it now -I built this house in 2003.It si pretty much everything you described except it's a single story/level "ranch-style" home,very secluded(Tri-level/three story homes cost way too much to heat & cool).Block wall fenced-in & private.I'm a cloth diaper AB/DL and ican even hang my clean diapers out to air dry without being seen at all!-even though I use the dryer all the time,I could.I hope you have good luck in your search for yours (and your daddy's) dream home!!!

Quote Originally Posted by changedlife View Post
    Don't forget a decent-sized laundry room for your dream house!--with an upgraded washer & dryer/clothes folding table/linen closet storage area.that should round out your dream house(good room choice descriptions on your house as well-sounds cozy!!!).The house I want to live in,I'm living in it now -I built this house in 2003.It si pretty much everything you described except it's a single story/level "ranch-style" home,very secluded(Tri-level/three story homes cost way too much to heat & cool).Block wall fenced-in & private.I'm a cloth diaper AB/DL and ican even hang my clean diapers out to air dry without being seen at all!-even though I use the dryer all the time,I could.I hope you have good luck in your search for yours (and your daddy's) dream home!!!
    thanks for the thought and another thank you for my search too!

My parents bought me my house for my birthday 2 years ago. It was built in 1928 and we gutted and remodeled it. Main floor has a kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a glassed in porch. The upstairs attic is also completely finished, and the previous owner used it as a kids bedroom due to the slanted walls and 6' ceiling. The basement is also mostly finished with a den which i use as my music studio, and a workout room that will house my model railroad once my parents take their stuff back.the other half of my basement is unfinished and contains my laundry room, mechanical, and storage. My backyard has my new garage for my truck and motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MeggyGirl View Post
    Hey guys,

So i was wondering; being a AB and all, and having a Daddy that is a few thousand miles away from me give or take , i was thinking about a perfect place for me and my Daddy to live in, ya know, to feel like i could release all my AB side when i want to.

The house has got to have:
    -Three floors on the structure (Bedrooms on the second floor, living room on the first floor, and the Den under the first Floor)
    -The bedrooms should be between the size of a small room and a master room
    -The Kitchen should be on the same level as the Living Room, to be easy to get food from
    -There should be four rooms on the second floor; one is the Master room(where Daddy sleeps), one is the Nursery(closest room to the Master room), and the last two should be Guest rooms
    -The house should have cooling air, water access, and electricity, like all houses have
    -There should be some bathrooms too, and a master batheroom in the Master room (to keep from certian toddlers from places)
    -The Backyard should be fenced in, to keep people from peeping whats going on if you catch my drift
    -The Backyard should also have some flower beds or garden, you know, for decoration

....thats all i got so far,

what about all of you guys and gals of the community, what type of house do you want to live in?
    The house you're describing sounds a lot like my aunt's house in Baltimore city.
    1st floor with kitchen, living room, and dining room.
    2nd floor with 4 rooms and 1 bathroom.
    3rd floor (remodeled) large master bedroom with bathroom.
    The house is probably 100 years old and has had a lot of work done to it. I love it there though!! I've thought about what I would do with it and my AB lifestyle if it were my house. 1 of the five rooms would definitely be a nursery/playroom

My re-occurring dream is that I'm forever in a house, often a different house, night after night. One of the coolest houses I've dreamed about was a large, sprawling Renaissance sort of estate, made of brick. The architecture encompassed a lot of arches. My dream house would be like this, with many rooms, bedrooms in the upstairs and several bathrooms. Downstairs would have "the great room" with large timber rafters. The kitchen would be huge, as would the dining hall. One could get lost in this house, and so it would be easy to have the "baby room" in some remote part, down a dark hall, until at the end, there's a iron spiral stairway which goes down, down, into the dark and into the depths were waits the room which would transform the weary into a baby.

Back in the real world, my wife's and my house is a two story brick house, with the kitchen, dining room and living room, as well as three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the top floor, the floor you enter from the enclosed porch or the front door. Downstairs is a very large family room, and the largest bedroom in the house as well as a another bathroom. The family room has a double door wood stove inserted into the fireplace. The basement part of the house is divided into two sections, one part containing the washing machine and dryer, and the other, the furnace and hot water heater. My baby room is the lower level, large bedroom. Sadly, the diapers get bagged and hidden when the family comes home to visit. We wouldn't want them to be transformed into babies!!!

1500 square foot or more on one floor. prefer rambler.

two full bath with one a master bath. open floor plain with the kitchen being very open to the living room and dining room.

very good isolation with two ways of heating. one for when the power goes out. the second method is not a fire-place. can be a gas, wood or pellet stove.

a house that has been built on a slight hill-side and allows for a large outside wood terraced deck with view over the top of other houses in area; not into their windows.

a house that has not been owned by chronic smokers.

a house that has not been inundated with un-cared for pets.

a house in a town with a less than average to low population density. an ideal of 300 or less per square mile is optimal.

a house within two miles of a navigable western river or Pacific Ocean, or extension thereof.

a house either on a treed lot or surround by treed lots.... primarily conifers.

a house that is at an elevation of at least 400 foot, but under 2500 foot... above the average tsunami wave-wash height. and bellow the average winter constant snow fall zone.

a house that is not built within a mountain lahar zone or obvious slide risk hazard area.

within 15 miles of several major food stores and other convince stores.

within 30 miles of major shopping area for convince.

these are the things that i look for as i search out a house. of course, these requirements do eliminate much of the Country. in point of fact, they are pointed at finding a house in the western parts of Washington and Oregon State.

When I bought my house I actually had a list of things I didn't want more so than a list of things I did. Most of these came from my experience living at home, for instance I was insistent on not having wood heat (which at the time was a big fad due to the low cost). I grew up with wood heat, and while cheap it was an epic pain. The fire would go out during the night, so you'd wake up and it would be like 11C or something rediculous.. made getting out of bed really damn hard. Now I pay through the nose for oil heat. It may be several times the cost.. but I don't wake up shivering or have to chop and stack wood!

for me i have been pondering a variation of the idea.
    a gated community for AB/DL people
    like for instance maybe 30-60 houses, (all built with bigger toddlers in mind) a daycare for said toddlers, a park, a store or two, and even a camping area.
    the daycare would be near the front gate and allow "normal" people a chance to experence a diapered state if they want to.
    also there would be a community pool, possibly near the park.