Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry 24/7 still available direct from manufacturer

Default Dry 24/7 still available direct from manufacturer

In case anyone has been wondering where to get dry 24/7s amid the shortage at XP Medical, the manufacturer has some still to distribute.

I wasn't sure and their customer service response email was rather vague. But I took a risk and ordered. That was a couple days ago and they should be here on the 31st.

I'm curious to see how they compare with what XP Medical sells. Gary has mentioned in emails he's required some changes before XP would distribute them. The most visible was the white only color instead of the usual blue / purple. Although according to their website Dry Care adopted this color for everything as well.
    Last edited by Alpha; 30-Jan-2013 at 05:04. Reason: Fixed a typo

I have order a case from the Dry 24/7 site. They do shipped in unmark boxes. I have the large size and it was white in color. The tapes were bigger too. This is one of my favorite diapers. I used these for my overnites diapers. The Dry 24/7 diapers are great!

I'll be curious the 22nd of next month as I have a automatic shippment do to be shipped.

Default Re: Dry 24/7 still available direct from manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    I have order a case from the Dry 24/7 site. They do shipped in unmark boxes. I have the large size and it was white in color. The tapes were bigger too. This is one of my favorite diapers. I used these for my overnites diapers. The Dry 24/7 diapers are great!
    I've been hearing the tapes have increased in size for a while. My last order a few months ago almost had a much larger tapes. I'm excited / curious to see if they've made them bigger yet.

Cherub

what website are you guys finding this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    what website are you guys finding this on?
    Comfort and Confidence - Dry247.com

That is the manufacturer's website.

johnpez

it's too bad they dont make a thiner day time diaper

Quote Originally Posted by johnpez View Post
    it's too bad they dont make a thiner day time diaper
    It's not their obligation to make a thinner daytime diaper. There are plenty of other companies who do just that, and you are free to choose among them. But the rest of us who need these products are fine with what DryCare has to offer, and we certainly wouldn't ask for any more modifications or "improvements". Thanks for your opinion.

Cherub

Only concern I see of ordering direct from manufacturer is that they cost more, which doesn't make any sense. Usually the distributer puts a mark up on them upon selling them (to remain in business).

Here a pack of 18 large cost $47.95
    XP Medical charges $41.44 (and that's including the $7.02 shipping and $2.04 sales tax)

I know this post is not about costs, rather about finding the Dry 24/7 diaper in the midst of a shortage. But after reviewing the costs, I am puzzled.

Default Re: Dry 24/7 still available direct from manufacturer

Yeah I don't quite understand their pricing scheme either.

But given the shortage at XP Medical until March 20th, I'm willing to pay the $10ish markup.

On one hand it could be a markup because of the extra overhead to send it direct to the consumer. Extra shipping costs, etc. It's like Coke selling at a Markup vs Walmart. Shipping costs are high to a end consumer.