Thread: Update on my situation,..

Default Update on my situation,..

I am not able to update on my original post sorry, so I have to start a new one.

The continence clinic nurse phoned me the other day to tell me that my Consultant is not willing to allow me to self-catheterise until I have been to have the VDU bladder screening test in February, so I have to wait for that. I'm a bit disappointed because I am REALLY fed up of wetting myself and really want to get sorted as soon as possible.

My current health has rapidly worsened and I'm beginning to wonder whether I do actually have a neurological condition on top of or instead of my current "diagnoses". (I'm really not sure that word is correct for plural of diagnosis but my aphasia is trying to convince me that it is)

Basically I have been diagnosed with:

Meniere's Disease,
    Severe ME,
    Fibromyalgia,
    Osteo-Arthritis,
    Degenerative Disc Disease,
    & Hypermobility Syndrome.

My current worsening symptoms which are currently being investigated are:

No reflexes in my legs any more, (physio tested repeatedly and said the vertebrae pressing on my spine, due to the discs being flattened could be the cause of this)
    Worsening Urinary Incontinence, (VDU screening in Feb)
    Increasing bowel incontinence, (appt. with colorectal surgeon in March)
    Memory loss, to the extent that I am losing up to 5-10 of time frequently throughout the day, every day. (this could very well be due to fibromyalgia, as memory problems are one of the many main symptoms)
    Increasing problems with poor eyesight. (Need to book back in with optician)

My doctor wants me to have blood tests and to be referred for an "urgent" MRI scan on my lumbar region. (I have previously witnessed their idea of "urgent"!)

I won't deny that I am pretty scared right now, but I am trying VERY hard to remind myself that there really are people out there that are far worse off than me....

Wish me luck guys!

Love and hugs,

CV x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry to hear of your woes, and hope you get answers soon. It strikes me that your diagnoses (yes it is the correct word) could be inter-related, for instance the osteo-arthritis and degenerative discs. And that could well interfere with reflexes and urinary/bowel control. And the ME could be related to your eyesight.

Good luck.

Default Re: Update on my situation,..

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your woes, and hope you get answers soon. It strikes me that your diagnoses (yes it is the correct word) could be inter-related, for instance the osteo-arthritis and degenerative discs. And that could well interfere with reflexes and urinary/bowel control. And the ME could be related to your eyesight.

Good luck.
    I thought that my Fibromyalgia or the ME could be affecting my eyes as they both affect the muscles in the entire body.

The physio did suggest that the reflex loss could be the vertebrae pressing on the spinal column,and I'm guessing then that the IC issues could well be too.

I am just hoping that the symptoms related to my spinal column are reversible, I don't know what they can do for disc degeneration.

Just looked up DDD on Wikipedia, seems there are quite a few surgical options, just hoping that they find one suitable for me. :-)

Sorry to hear of your many health problems. I went home today in lower lumbar pain. I had my back operated on in '86. A benign tumor had grown on the nerves in my spine, and had to be peeled of the nerves. Now at age 65, arthritis is settling in that area, as well as others. I'm not sure what the solution will be, but I'm hoping not surgical.

I hope you can find some solutions and soon. Pain robs us of so much, including the will to go on. Hang in there and hopefully solutions are around the corner.

Thank you for your reply dogboy, although I would never wish this pain on my worst enemy, it is nice to know that others are going through similar problems, and so that we can sympathise with each other. (((Hugs))) and <<<healing vibes>>> to you x