Thread: Going out

Default Going out

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I've been cross-dressing in private for a while now. For a while, I've had an inescapable thought: I've been wanting to try going out in public dressed as a woman.

Why? I don't know. I think it's just wanting to let this side of myself out, even if I have no plans of 'coming out' to anyone at this time. I'd just like to see this side of myself acknowledged and accepted. (I'm not planning to go full sissy or anything, just a regular woman).

Here's the deal: for the next few weeks, I'll have free weekends and an empty house to use as a home base. I was planning to get the necessary supplies this coming weekend and go out the next. Nothing too elaborate; I'm probably just going to go get coffee and maybe go for a walk. It's cold out, so I can get away with being covered up.

I need advice, though, and I know there are a few dressers on this board. Is it worth the risk, being in a pretty conservative area (but still big enough that I could blend in and not run into anyone I know)? What sort of stuff/preparations do I need to think about? Any general advice or encouragement?

I look forward to hearing your responses. Please be honest and let me know anything that could help. Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I've been cross-dressing in private for a while now. For a while, I've had an inescapable thought: I've been wanting to try going out in public dressed as a woman.

Why? I don't know. I think it's just wanting to let this side of myself out, even if I have no plans of 'coming out' to anyone at this time. I'd just like to see this side of myself acknowledged and accepted. (I'm not planning to go full sissy or anything, just a regular woman).

Here's the deal: for the next few weeks, I'll have free weekends and an empty house to use as a home base. I was planning to get the necessary supplies this coming weekend and go out the next. Nothing too elaborate; I'm probably just going to go get coffee and maybe go for a walk. It's cold out, so I can get away with being covered up.

I need advice, though, and I know there are a few dressers on this board. Is it worth the risk, being in a pretty conservative area (but still big enough that I could blend in and not run into anyone I know)? What sort of stuff/preparations do I need to think about? Any general advice or encouragement?

I look forward to hearing your responses. Please be honest and let me know anything that could help. Thank you all!
    i notice that you live in Canada, Adventurer....

by chance have you looked into real-live transgender groups in your local area that you might attend a meeting at. i ask this because doing so often serves as the brake-out action for many trans-folk that i have known over the years. here in Tacoma, Washington at our local "Gender Alliance of the South Sound" meeting we get fresh faces walking in every month. if something like that were available to you, that is what i would do first. a group such as that can offer emotion support, local safe information, friends in abundance.... and often times after a meeting some of the girls will go out some place for food and or drinks.... (safety & comfort in numbers you know).

as for help in dressing and makeup; i will let some of the other younger transgender members, who have more recent and salient first-time experience, help you with that.....

good luck with the adventure. and by all means, have fun....