Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a question for those who order online

Default Just a question for those who order online

I've been ordering from an Irish site for the past few months and everything so far has been fine, but the only thing i have noticed is that the courier is the same guy every single time. He sounds local and in a city as small as mine, the likelihood of me seeing him again outside of our meet and greet for deliveries is pretty high.
    My question though, is do the couriers know exactly what they're delivering? The case i get isn't in cardboard box or anything,it's in a heavy plastic cover. You can feel the contours of everything that's inside. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

He might be guess what's inside, but diapers are probably not going to be his first guess.
    And then, unless you look obviously like someone who might need them, he isn't likely to assume they're for you. In the rest of the world it rarely crosses someone's mind that you might be wearing.

I know if my job involved delivering packages all day long... I'd lose interest in what was inside them pretty quickly.

And besides, what's he gonna do, ask you if you've been buying adult diapers? That would make him sound like a really insensitive arsehole. Like... if he found out he was delivering anti-schizophrenic medication (or whatever) to you, he wouldn't want to be seen to be cruelly laughing at you in public or making it seem to everybody that he lacks discretion. That would probably affect his reputation more than yours. Laughing at a disability doesn't come across well. So even if he does know that he's delivering diapers and that you wear them (as opposed to a housemate or relative), it would be pretty mean to say anything about it. The only "issue" might be if he knows that you are AB/DL... And even then... wondering what he's delivering to you probably hasn't even crossed his mind...

Well, tiny just said exactly what I was going to say. Creepy.
    Saves me some typing, but still. Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I know if my job involved delivering packages all day long... I'd lose interest in what was inside them pretty quickly.

And besides, what's he gonna do, ask you if you've been buying adult diapers? That would make him sound like a really insensitive arsehole. Like... if he found out he was delivering anti-schizophrenic medication (or whatever) to you, he wouldn't want to be seen to be cruelly laughing at you in public or making it seem to everybody that he lacks discretion. That would probably affect his reputation more than yours. Laughing at a disability doesn't come across well. So even if he does know that he's delivering diapers and that you wear them (as opposed to a housemate or relative), it would be pretty mean to say anything about it. The only "issue" might be if he knows that you are AB/DL... And even then... wondering what he's delivering to you probably hasn't even crossed his mind...
    Every tiny post is reppable lately: exactly this, OP. In fact, I'd imagine telling if the company employing this guy found out he was, a: investigating customers' mail to determine the contents and b: revealing the contents of their (clearly private, in this case) packages to strangers, they'd fire the fella in a jiffy. It just wouldn't look good for them, and in this economy, who's going to risk their job to have a jolly good laugh at an incontinent person?

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    Every tiny post is reppable lately...
    Really?! But I talk such nonsense most of the time! Awww... I'm blushing... (Does wonders for my poor self-esteem, though!)

curiers most likely wont care what you are ordering, they deliver packages all day long. all they want to do is go home at the end of the day. trust me, they dont care what you order (as long as the package is light).

A lot of this reminds me of the old joke about "Keep you GD jack". (In which a guy with a flat runs through a conversation in his head while he's on his way up the lane to the house of the farmer he's going to try to borrow a jack from.)

So I can see the poor delivery guy being met at the door: "Keep your GD prying eyes out of my packages". Huh?
    The difference between being paranoid (in the common usage) and being paranoid (in the techincal sense) is, in part, whether you can catch these things before they leak out.

(So I'm sitting here thinking, "someone is going to be annoyed because they think I'm dismissing the thread." Well the hell with you -)

If he didn't pickup the parcel at the shipper he won't have a clue. The only time he touches it is when he delivers it. All he does is scan it and
    hand it to you.

Sure, its the same FedEx guy who delivers three large boxes every month to 6 weeks its his route
    then there was the UPS guy who occasionally delivered when I ordered something shipped through them, my cross the street neighbor in fact, at least till he moved out 2 months ago. he still has this route though (finally, I couldn't stand his dogs, neither did the rest of the neighborhood). he probably hated it when he came home and saw all the FedEx packages at my front door.

Twice, I've dealt with the same Old Dominion guy show up with appliances, rolling down my neighborhood in a semi (large lorry for you Brits), twice, having to give exact route instructions (approach to my neighborhood from the main streets with a Semi is doable, but can be quite ugly if the route isnt followed exactly)

Same postal worker (except when on vacation) has had the same route for the past 12 years.. so?

I've yet to get a package that screams DIAPERS, AB in your community! from anybody, normally its in a plain cardboard box, or bag, about the least discrete shipment I got (aside from the new washing machine) came from North Shore Medical, which had the invoice showing plainly on the outside of the box