Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some of your guys favorite Diapers?

Red face What are some of your guys favorite Diapers?

Well since my partner and I are very new to this I was wondering what are some of your guys favorite diaper brands are and why.

Been looking online and reading some reviews on a few brands but I thought it'd be alot more helpful and interesting to read what you guys have to say. C:

Which would you recommend to two newbies wanting to try it out?
    (Just in case it helps we're about a size large - XL when it comes to pants 'n such.)

A popular choice, as well as the one preferred by my partner and me, is Bambino. They're quite popular in the community (and have been designed specifically for it), come in a variety of styles, and are reliable in terms of capacity and comfort.

Drawbacks include the price, which can be prohibitive, and the tapes, which completely lose their integrity at the slightest whisper of baby powder. I always keep packing tape on hand to reinforce them.

Default Re: What are some of your guys favorite Diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by TripWarzlyn View Post
    A popular choice, as well as the one preferred by my partner and me, is Bambino. They're quite popular in the community (and have been designed specifically for it), come in a variety of styles, and are reliable in terms of capacity and comfort.

Drawbacks include the price, which can be prohibitive, and the tapes, which completely lose their integrity at the slightest whisper of baby powder. I always keep packing tape on hand to reinforce them.
    Bambinos aren't that expensive and are cheaper per piece than Abena when purchased by the case. Except for Belssimos which are their thicker diaper.

Another community choice is Dry 24/7 they are the thickest disposables that you can find here in the USA.

You should pay attention to your waist size. If you are on the higher end of a size range, you should up the size.

Another community favorite is Abena M4/L4/XL4. They are pretty absorbent as well, but also has tape issues.

I'd suggest ordering from XP Medical for Abena and Dry 24/7. I've ordered from them for years and never had a problem. They also ship in discreet boxes and the only hint of diapers would be their company name XP Medical.

Bambino is very discreet as well, their company name is listed as BH Group. If you have other questions, ask away, we'll be glad to help.

If you're worried about your package falling in the wrong hands, you can have it shipped to a UPS Store instead. Just address it to your local UPS Store using your name and their address. On address line 2, enter your cellphone number as they require it to contact you when your package arrives. There is a $5 fee for this service and there's no time limit to pick it up. You can pick it up when the time is right for your schedule.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

My favorite for actual use and comfort are Abenas.
    I am also a big fan of the cloth Cushies.
    I have some SDK from ABUniverse coming soon that I will report on my experience soon. My favorite for my daughter is Pampers.

I've got three favorites. Dry24/7's that I use overnight, Attends Waistband Style that I wear mostly in the evening, and Dependeco AIO's for daytime.

My favorite are Attends waistband style with 6 tapes, Bambino diapers, and Dry 24/7 is my overnight diapers.

I Love Abenas they are so thick and can withstand multiple wettings. I also like cloth as it is thck and soft and comfortable.

Cherub

There have been many recommendations so far in this thread. Many of the posts have good information for you to consider as well. However, I'm think that since you're asking for suggestions as to which diaper you should go with, coupled with the fact you say you are new to the AB/DL community I would suggest starting out with sample packs and free samples. That way you can more quickly zero in on your own favorite diaper (Brand, size, thickness, cloth or plastic backing, disposable or cloth). It sounds funny, but if you are seriously searching for the best diaper you are going to really like,,there's a lot out there to choose from.

You might want to visit t his thread as it deals with obtaining diaper samples. → Free Diaper Samples ←

Many diaper distributors also offer sample packs (usually containing 1 to 2 diapers). Going this route can be much cheaper. If you happen to not like a particular diaper, then you are not stuck with an opened package or case, which can be a lot of wasted money.

In addition to disposables, you could consider cloth diapers and/or cloth training pants. These can save you a lot of money in the long run. Granted, the cost is higher up front, but they pay for themselves later in the long run. I've personally begun exploring into the realm of cloth diaper and training pants to save myself money. I still use my plastic backed disposables, just not as often.
    Last edited by Cherub; 13-Feb-2013 at 23:20.