Thread: anyone playing Warhammer Online?

Default anyone playing Warhammer Online?

I just started a toon last night, fignewton on the gorefang server. Hes a elf, shadow warrior i think? the archer, whatever thats called. Anyway im kind of underwhelmed so far but a lot of ppl say its a very good game so I'm trying it out.

I'm not especially into MMORPGs so I won't be trying it even though I am into the original war game. To be honest they have a real problem as far as I can see- making it close enough to the Games Workshop game's mythology to interest purists while not taking it so far that it frightens off other people. I hope they do it well but as I said, I won't be playing it more because I don't tend to enjoy that type of game as much.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    I'm not especially into MMORPGs so I won't be trying it even though I am into the original war game. To be honest they have a real problem as far as I can see- making it close enough to the Games Workshop game's mythology to interest purists while not taking it so far that it frightens off other people. I hope they do it well but as I said, I won't be playing it more because I don't tend to enjoy that type of game as much.
    I just dropped my subscription. I used to play the paper & pencil RPG, so I was curious to see how it would work. The progression is nothing like the RPG, but the setting is a reasonable facsimile of the game world, aside from the lack of real death and its attendant effects. It feels a lot like the Old World to me, which was worth paying for a visit.

There were quite a few things I liked about it, but at least right now, it's not going to work for me overall. It's one of the least social MMORPGs out there. One can find groups, participate in them, and leave without a word spoken, which doesn't strike me as progress. The PvP is the most enjoyable I've had in a game like that where I don't generally like it, but that's not enough to keep me going. I'll be keeping an eye on their development and may re-subscribe in the future.

My subscription is done, I need to buy a new one, but you get more fun for the money per TF2, which isn't as expensive. I will re subscribe soon, and what Trevor mentioned, the complete lack of communication ESPECIALLY in PVP Scenarios, (Open world RvR seems to be better) angers me.