Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: football (soccer) - any team you support?

Default football (soccer) - any team you support?

Okay, I haven't found a random thread on this, so, any football (soccer) fans here? Any club you support and if so, do you attend live matches? How long have you been a supporter etc.?
    For me I have only watched the World- and European Championships but since last year June I've started to support the L.A. Galaxy and Chelsea FC.

I was following Arsenal due to my workmate was into it. But thats as far as I went with watching and stuff

Denton

Been a longtime fan of Man City, but I think their rivals will win this year....AGAIN (which s the reason I started following MCFC in the first place: the idea of a city rival being promoted to the EPL).

Here in America, Seattle Sounders. In my hometown, we have an NPSL team, which is the 4th tier of soccer in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Been a longtime fan of Man City, but I think their rivals will win this year....AGAIN
    Well they are the better team so...

(which s the reason I started following MCFC in the first place: the idea of a city rival being promoted to the EPL)
    Plenty of teams in the EPL have derbies going on; we've got the Merseyside derby, the Tyne-Wear derby, various London derbies (Arsenal, Chelsea, QPR, West Ham, Spurs and Fulham at the moment) and sometimes other derbies as well such as the Birmingham derby when Birmingham were in the league so why support Man City? Sure the Manchester derby is the best but that's only since City have bought a new squad.

I support Southampton and have since I was 3 and while I do not support them I have a keen interest in Manchester United and Bournemouth too.

Denton

Well, not a derby for a derby's sake. But a derby for the municipality of Manchester (granted the metro area has a few teams, but Manchester itself? Just City and United).

Stoke City. Used to be a season ticket holder until I moved to Scotland. Most recently went to Wembley for the FA Cup Semi-Final and Final in 2011.

Well, not a derby for a derby's sake. But a derby for the municipality of Manchester (granted the metro area has a few teams, but Manchester itself? Just City and United).
    And FC United of Manchester.

Man Utd are in Stretford, not Manchester "itself".

Edit: And FC United are in Bury.

Point is, Denton's argument is invalid.

Denton

True. Didn't clarify I was just talking EPL. But I wonder how that team is doing, now that you bring them up. Intriguing team.

I mostly follow Arsenal, from when I first started getting into it and loved the players on the roster. As I've watched more there have been a few teams I've warmed up to, but it is has been just supporting Arsenal (I do like Southampton mind but already picked a team sooo).

Other leagues I haven't really followed enough to have a team. Closest is MLS where I kind of like Seattle but that is primarily because Phoenix will probably never have a team. Thus, I love Seattle so sort of follow the Sounders.