Thread: Hello everyone... *waves sheepishly*

Default Hello everyone... *waves sheepishly*

Hi... man this is weird, I feel sorta exposed even though you all share my interest in some way... but hey, I'm just a shy person by nature.

I guess to start, a few things about me... I graduated from college in May, and have what most people would consider a great job, but there are still things about it that drive me nuts, as all jobs do. XD My job is in a techie sort of field, but more routine (read: boring) stuff than the video game programming I went to college for. I am also a furry, and identify as a coyote. :3

By far I consider myself a gamer, and more recently a furry (name makes sense now, right? :P), but I have far too many random interests to list. I like a good story, and I also take occasional stabs at writing stories or drawing things, though I always hate my own art. And I love to discuss dreams, the paranormal, or philosophy in general. And just about anything sufficiently geeky.

So why diapers? ...how do I explain without it crossing into TMI territory? I'll put it delicately: It's not so much the diapers themselves, as it is what they're used for. *blush* My history with them has been rocky, with binge-purge cycles like the best of em... Only a couple weeks ago did I finally open up to my closest friend about it, and as it turns out, he's made a couple online friends with the same interest and doesn't make a big deal out of it.

The relief I got from that is more than I can explain with words... even though I don't bring it up casually with him and have no plans to tell anyone else I know, it finally broke through the guilt and shame I felt over it myself. Last weekend I finally managed to enjoy a guilt-free night with a diaper on, and I plan to try wearing one to bed tonight. :3 Now that the guilt isn't there, I find there is a level of comfort there that I just never noticed before... there were too many conflicting emotions at the surface before! So who knows where things will go from here. Still strictly DL for now, but have nothing against AB.

Wow, I've rambled plenty for a shy coyote! Uh... guess I'll just say, nice to meet you all! I don't know how much I will post... even on other forums I tend to lurk more than post, but the site cut me off from lurking until I registered! XD Wouldn't mind making some friends, though! ^^

Welcome! Glad you were able to overcome the guilt that so many of us dealt with as well. Enjoy them, and enjoy yourself .

Don't worry that work is tedious right now. You'll get there! Everyone's gotta stop at the bottom of the ladder and work their way up (except the lucky ones who get to skip a few rungs ). What games do you enjoy playing, and are you more of a console player, or a PC player?

Super cool you found us!!! I know it's hard at first especialy for shy lil coyotes but try checking stuff out and i bet you'll find something you want to voice your opinion on or a question to ask. That's why your name is blue, after 20 posts it will turn green like mine. But while its blue we all know to be delicate and to help you learn about the site. Try reading articles by starting off, they will teach you tons! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by kerpow View Post
    Welcome! Glad you were able to overcome the guilt that so many of us dealt with as well. Enjoy them, and enjoy yourself .

Don't worry that work is tedious right now. You'll get there! Everyone's gotta stop at the bottom of the ladder and work their way up (except the lucky ones who get to skip a few rungs ). What games do you enjoy playing, and are you more of a console player, or a PC player?
    Heh, thanks! I play a wide variety of games on a wide variety of systems. But the majority of my collection is on the PC (I blame the constant Steam sales >_<). Lately I've been on this kick of going to used game stores and picking up games I remember from my childhood... I finally have an SNES again. I enjoy most types of games besides sports games, but my favorites are tactics games and RPGs. I almost never play competitive multiplayer games... I'm terrible at all of them!

Unfortunately, I didn't really get too much sleep last night... it's harder than I thought to sleep with a diaper on! What's interesting is that even though I probably got 4 hours of sleep at most, I'm really not that tired. Plus it was an interesting learning experience, and I would be willing to try it again some time. If I end up having to take a nap later today, it's probably not a big loss. XD

Yeah, Steam really does make it easy to buy games, doesn't it? I'm more of a console gamer myself, just because I'm in front of a computer all day (and usually evening), and I like stepping away from it to go play video games. That's cool about getting an SNES and playing the old games. Nostalgia can be awesome, and the games can be equally or even more fun to play later on.

You'll get used to wearing to bed and sleeping in them. Just takes time and patience, but soon enough, if you do it often enough, you'll miss the times that you DON'T wear to bed. At least I do now .

I forgot to mention in my first response that I'm also new to the furry world, but recently discovered my red squirrel fursona.