Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While we're on the subject of hoaxes....

NEWS FLASH Dumb football player who has one of the most unimportant positions on the field commits hoax! SO CRRRRRAAAZZZZYYYYY!!!!!

This video highlights my views on the situation.

Seriously this is clearly just a guy who never gets attention, trying to get attention.

Manti's friend was the one who originated the hoax. Something tells me that Manti was in on it.

Rather ironic that the one reason why Te'o was even nominated for a Heisman in the first place was all smoke and mirrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    NEWS FLASH Dumb football player who has one of the most unimportant positions on the field commits hoax! SO CRRRRRAAAZZZZYYYYY!!!!!
    Don't generally disagree with your dismissive and bigotted assessment of ball sport jocks, except that on most teams, the middle linebacker is the quarterback of the defense. You don't get too many drooling piles of flesh at either position.

I see one of two possibilities: He's a naive kid, or he's in on it. We'll see. The story is only hours old.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Don't generally disagree with your dismissive and bigotted assessment of ball sport jocks, except that on most teams, the middle linebacker is the quarterback of the defense. You don't get too many drooling piles of flesh at either position.

I see one of two possibilities: He's a naive kid, or he's in on it. We'll see. The story is only hours old.
    Well since the college season is over, basketball sucks, hockey isn't on and NFL only has 3 real games left. I guess we're grasping at stuff to talk about till we can watch hockey and real football on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Well since the college season is over, basketball sucks, hockey isn't on and NFL only has 3 real games left. I guess we're grasping at stuff to talk about till we can watch hockey and real football on Saturday.
    LOL, yes we are. Go Blackhawks.

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. This is like something you'd see on Catfish.

No one can convince me that he had ZERO idea about any of this. What kind of prankster talks on the phone to the person for many, many nights in a row? That's one dedicated hoaxter!

I'm not buying a word of what he says. Just looks like a giant publicity stunt to me. But if he really is that naive, I've got a bridge to sell him.

I'm starting to think that this was a prank on the media by Manti and a couple of buddies. The liberal media love the sob stories, and this one always looked too perfect to be real. Unfortunately, liberal media types are mostly lacking in a sense of self-irony, so even if they get it, they may not report the truth.

If it was an inside joke, the pranksters may have gotten cold feet when it went public, so they clammed up rather than calling out the media as the gullible idiots they are.

The thing I find hilarious is that he met this "girlfriend" at a Standford/ Harvard ???? game and she was also Hawaiian, I mean that is like a 1 in a million shot to meet someone from the same place as you in like the east coast. I mean come on, I am not racist but if you are going to make a fake girlfriend that you met at a college more than 500 miles away and she has the same heritage as you lol, yeah right. I mean why wasn't Jane Doe a good name, huh?

I've had time to think about this, and my biggest question is, why is this news? Is having a fake girlfriend a smokescreen for being gay? Why would the press spend so much time on this if there wasn't something else, but even if that's the case, who could possibly care in this day and age. I honestly don't get any of this, other than what Fire2box is getting at, that until Notre Dame played a really good team, he looked good on the field. Now, not so much, and I'm sure the Heisman trophy committee took a big collective sigh of relief.