Thread: Hi, ADISC.

Default Hi, ADISC.

It seems I created a thread before posting an introduction--sorry about that! Better late than never, though....

As I'm incredibly shy, especially about my DL side, I'm going to be very cautious with how much personal info I post. I feel comfortable in this community, but I'm paranoid about people I know in "real life" stumbling across anything that could reveal me.

About me as a DL: I can remember having an interest in diapers as far back as elementary school, and for the longest time, I just couldn't figure out why. Now that I'm older and a complete psychology nerd, my guess is that it goes back to being raised in a neglectful and extremely strict home. I feel like my parents forced me to grow up too quickly. They always treated me like a miniature adult. I don't mean to sound all depressing... but that's just my best guess as to why I developed this interest. I wouldn't really classify myself as AB, but I do try to nurture myself and do childish things sometimes (sleeping with stuffed animals, watching little kids shows/movies). That is something I can accept about myself. Accepting that I'm a DL has proven to be a bit more difficult. Just last week I bought and wore my first adult diapers (Abena Abri-Flex, in case you're wondering). I love them, but I wish I didn't. I'm sure that in time I'll be able to embrace this as just another personality quirk or trait and not feel so ashamed.

About my other interests: I'm the introverted, creative type. I've always been incredibly shy and reserved, but when I make friends, I really come out of my shell. I've experienced quite a bit of trauma and hurt in the past, but I use these experiences to help others. I enjoy writing stories and blogging. Without giving too much away, I am a mentally ill person who works in the mental health field. I am in recovery from my mental illnesses (I find that it wouldn't be fair to the people I work with if I were unstable), but still take medicine and see a shrink to keep my symptoms at bay. I am one of the most accepting and non-judgmental people you will ever meet. The only person I really criticize is me.

So, there you have it.

You look like an engineer that tries to fix the escalator that rides from Hell to Heaven (for both yourself and others).

A little secret for you: like Santa Claus, both Heaven and Hell do not exist... Good luck with the escalator, anyway