Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caretakers: A Few Questions

ivykeys

Default Caretakers: A Few Questions

What draws you to the caretaking side of infantilism?

How many of you are also adult babies? What do you think draws you to both sides?

Do you interact with other caretakers often, to exchange tips and ideas?

1) Wanting to make people I care about happy, mostly? I honestly can't explain why I like looking after people sometimes; it makes me feel important, special, I guess? I see littles being little sometimes and I just think 'awww!' and get that 'maternal instinct'.

2) I'm more of a LITTLE than an AB, but I think it's the littleness that compels me to be a CT. Because I know how awesome it feels, what it means, the right things to do, etc. Plus I think I subconsciously 'bargain', i.e. I baby someone because they looked after me. In fact, I know I sort of bargain with myself; after I've been little a lot I feel mellow and more in a caretaker mindset.

3) Not really. I spend more time talking to people I'm big for, to see what they'd like from me.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    1) Wanting to make people I care about happy, mostly? I honestly can't explain why I like looking after people sometimes; it makes me feel important, special, I guess? I see littles being little sometimes and I just think 'awww!' and get that 'maternal instinct'.

2) I'm more of a LITTLE than an AB, but I think it's the littleness that compels me to be a CT. Because I know how awesome it feels, what it means, the right things to do, etc. Plus I think I subconsciously 'bargain', i.e. I baby someone because they looked after me. In fact, I know I sort of bargain with myself; after I've been little a lot I feel mellow and more in a caretaker mindset.

3) Not really. I spend more time talking to people I'm big for, to see what they'd like from me.
    Pretty much all this! I will say, it helps to be a little, too. You get an idea of what makes you feel little and special, and it gives you the knowledge of how to pass that on to whoever you're being a CT for. Also, as Charlie said, just asking what your little one likes in an RP, and what makes them feel special, goes a long way. Talking to other CTs may not necessarily work, because each little has different things that make them feel special. :3

ivykeys

1.) I can defintiely understand that. I have that maternal instinct as well, I think.

2.) I can understand the tie between being Little and being a CT as well. It's nice to be able to identify what you need and to be able to take care of others as well.

3.) *smiles* It sounds like you are very responsive, which I think is very important.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good point. I do think that being an AB can help you to identify what would feel right for someone else as you are caring for them.

I'm not actually a caretaker for anyone but I do like the idea of being one and would like to try it some day but these answers totally do it for me. I just like looking after people and that is no different when it comes to ABs. I too am a little rather an full-on AB, I like some baby things but am not all that into full on regressing and just like being a little bit childish like parents are with their kids so that allows me to play both sides well. I can keep my sort of serious side when being a CT and forget about it by being a little so I get the best of both worlds.

Well for me it is fairly similar in I think it stems from liking to make people happy. After that I'm not really sure what draws me into it but there is something I enjoy about taking care of another. I wish I could figure out why, make life hell of a lot easier xD. Maybe it is even that parental feeling, combined with hating actual kids= liking taking care of ABs. Probably not but meh, not going to worry about it too much.

I'm not an AB, at best it seems I may be a little. Before knowing more about the whole Little/middle stuff, I went with AB (why I still have it listed here). At the same time it might not even be that and it just may be immaturity xD. Basically liking playing around, watching Disney, etc. etc. type stuff. So not sure how it helps much.

Not usually, I tend to talk to more ABs, which again I think is more to the immaturity more playful type thing. When it comes to tips and such, it is pretty good to learn from other ABs in my opinion as I've seen different thoughts, opinions, etc. and you get to here how their caretakers do things. In the end tips aren't going to be a big help though, other then learning the different thoughts and ideas and so-on in the community. But agree it is better to find out what the other person is looking for more then anything.

Sadly in real life I have only had the chance to care for someone in that particular way a few rare times and I wasn't in a relationship with any of the guys.
    But ideally I would like to find someone, a lifetime partner, who I could care for. Not 24/7, but like, as a nighttime routine I would love to have someone snuggle up to me etc when he could be little and just feel comfortable, loved and safe around me. I think I like the caretaking role because I like to feel "needed" and I have a lot of love to give. I know that sounds maybe pathetic even.
    On the contrary with the right person, I wouldn't mind switching occasionally.

ivykeys

I am entirely the same way, in having parental feelings and enjoying being a caretaker in an AB situation, but not wanting actual kids.

I agree with everything right here. The only thing different is that I do try to talk to other CTs when I can. Im in a peculiar spot where I do often act in a CT manner with some but I don't usually shift out of a babyfur state, per se. I guess that puts me as more of a sibling than an adult.

But yeah, mostly for me it's knowing how special it feels as a cub to have a caretaker there for you. Its something I want to pay forward whenever I can.

1. It is a hard fatherlly issue. You feel like you want to take care of the little ones and make them feel safe and loved. It is funny, they pretend to be thought and independent boys, but when they are with me, they are nothing more that little kids.

2. mmm yes, i am, or was, an AB myself. and i dont know, I feel like i dont have the need anymore to be little. I find it more fullfilling to be a caretaker now.

3. I wish there were more caretaker to talk about this and give eachothers tips and stuff like that! they are dificult to find!