Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Padded Mittens

Default Looking for Padded Mittens

When trying to re-create the feeling of helplessness of being a baby, I've always been fascinated with padded mittens. I've been trying to find something to satisfy this feeling. I don't want to get a pair of BDSM leather mitts, they look uncomfortable and not really what I would like.

I bought a pair of locking mittens from cozyndry.com, they are incredibly well made, but not padded enough for my taste.

I tried sourcing a pair of Posey Double Restraint Mitts (#2819) from a local distributor, but they require a prescription. I unsuccessfully tried to convince them to sell me a pair,saying they for 'non-medical' uses but they wouldn't budge.

The only other distributor I have found is angelCare that makes a type of 'dementia-glove' which is also exactly what I'm looking for. I've contacted them, but have not heard back. I'm assuming shipping and duties will be expensive.

Looking for other peoples experiences with this. Anyone successful in finding something professionally made like I mention above?

Default Re: Looking for Padded Mittens

http://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/ind...Security+Mitts

Do these look more favorable?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

H0TWH33LS

Default Looking for Padded Mittens

Nice find those look awesome!

Information & Policies

I quote from the link:

MEDICAL RESTRAINTS
    Federal law restricts the sale and use of medical restraints. We are licensed by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy to ship medical restraints to licensed medical facilities only.

... so no way to purchase from them without a prescription. They are also really expensive.

Have you tried oven mitts, they are very padded and could be adapted to lock on.

If its any help, the Posey mitts (and indeed other "medical restraints") are much more freely available in Europe, and particuarly from German distributors, e.g.

SEGUFIX-SHOP und Patientenfixierung powered by Medicare

Perhaps you could order from Europe, although the postage might be expensive if you're in the US...

Hope this helps

@MeTaLMaNN1983: So those are the #2819 that I was talking about in my original thread. A prescription is needed.

@Fiammaverde: As confirmed. Yes expensive, but exactly the feeling I want.

@nappies4me: A convenient and cheap solution. Great idea.

@Chrisb: Thank you very much! I am located in the UK so this is going to be perfect. Still a bit expensive, but just what I want. Do you know of any other German distributors but perhaps with an English web page?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyyellow View Post
    @Chrisb: Thank you very much! I am located in the UK so this is going to be perfect. Still a bit expensive, but just what I want. Do you know of any other German distributors but perhaps with an English web page?
    Hi Fuzzy,

I'm afraid not sorry, this is the only one I know. You could perhaps use Google Translate to help you with the Deutsch though...

Default Re: Looking for Padded Mittens

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyyellow View Post
    @MeTaLMaNN1983: So those are the #2819 that I was talking about in my original thread. A prescription is needed.

@Fiammaverde: As confirmed. Yes expensive, but exactly the feeling I want.

@nappies4me: A convenient and cheap solution. Great idea.

Sorry, I meant to add that I have stuffed a pair of socks with handtowels and put my hands in it. I've also used a short broom stick and duct taped it around my ankles with socks on. I also don't want to pay the high cost of shipping to get real ones. Another thing I've been looking in to is making them on my own. Wouldn't seem to hard. You might get some fleece stuffing and some flannel for inner lining and vinyl is optional. You wouldn't really need any finger zones. Even with a thread and needle wouldn't seem to take much time to make.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

you could take a pair of winter gloves, say, with velcro wrist bindings and sew the fingers and thumb together.