Thread: Talk about awkward

Default Talk about awkward

This morning I started coming down with something. I think it's the flu. I made it to work but decided to take a sick day and head home as I was feeling pretty yucky. I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up some pedialite and other snacks etc on they way home. The graduates puffs etc are pretty bland, but still yummy, so perfect for a sensitive tummy when you don't feel good. They are also pretty healthy being low in calories and preservatives. I decided to get some babyfood as well for the same reasons. I grabbed some other things I needed and headed for the baby aisle. As I'm on my way, I see my ex-gf in another dept. I quickly move on. I decided I didn't care and would take my chances. She and I haven't spoken much since we broke up. It was a mutual breakup but she ran around with a friend of mine who she met at my house actually just a week or two afterwards. One of the reasons we broke up was because she couldn't handle my diapers or bedwetting. It had caused a lot of stress in our relationship. Anyway, I went the long way to the cash register to avoid her. Just as I thought I was clear as things were bagged and I had paid, she shows up right behind me in line. I avoided looking at her and I'm not sure if she saw me as I tried to use my body to shield the contents of my grocery bag. I feel like a bit of a jerk being right there without saying hello. I don't like ignoring people and I'm not one to hold a grudge. I'm trying to decide if I should send her a message and just say "didn't mean to be rude but didn't want to share my germs". What do you guys think?

In my way of thinking, you are under zero obligation to feel bad in this situation. The fact you do, or might, tells me you are a good person. Maybe a bit of a people-pleaser, but so am I. Don't fret! Let this one, and her, go.

I agree with xtrabulk. The fact that you still care about her feelings shows that you have good character. I also agree that you are under zero obligation to contact or reach out to her in this situation. In fact, you might be making a "mountain out of a molehill" in this situation as odds are that she didn't even see/recognize you nor your necessary purchases.

True, you would have zero obligations here. I do see something else though. You are not the only one who failed to acknowledge the other person. You may feel bad about not saying anything to her but she also did it say anything to her.

Personally I would not worry about it, especially now that it is in the past.