Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Family... Good Riddance!

Unhappy Farewell Family... Good Riddance!

A bit of background info me be good context here..... Six years ago my mother (she's not worth me calling her "Mom") Put me in a group home and gave up full custody. --Skip forward six years-- My mother finally decided for my 18th birthday, she would "let" me rent to live with her. (I lived on her living room floor...Ya...) A month later I was feeling really depressed and started to sleep alot. She then told me that she didn't know/care what was wrong but I had better either fix it or pretend I did, because she was tired of me sleeping all day and that I couldn't "hog" the floor I was renting. So for the next few days we didn't say much and what we did was nasty... Finally she had enough and told me to get out and if I tried to come back she would call the police and lie about me threatening her life. So I am currently living with my best friend and she is telling everyone that I'm dangerous and violent. I proceeded to ask for all my things and she said she couldn't find ANY of my things! So all I have is my tv, my laptop, two outfits and my blanket (I took those things with me when I left). The last few minutes I was "home" my mom and sister had spent it seriously insulting me (my mental health problems, and being developmentally delayed). So you know what... I simply say farewell my sad, pathetic family. I hardly knew 'ye. GOOD RIDDANCE! Sorry I simply needed to vent

That's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. I am glad though that you have a good friend to take you in. Do you know what you will do in the medium term?

I can understand why you left however you do need to thinking about where you can stay that is safe, getting access to any monies (wages/welfare payments etc) and preparing yourself food.

Often times I forget I take for granted my good home life and healthy relationship with my parents and extended family when I hear stories like this.

I salute thee good sir on your "GOOD RIDDANCE" attitude and adapting as best you can in a crappy situation. I'm sorry for your situation. Make sure to ask for help from those willing to give it you so you can remain stable. The situation can flip-flop back and forward very quickly.

Butterfly Mage

Nothing fails like family. I totally understand. I had to start working when I was 14 because my dad couldn't be bothered to do grocery shopping (he fed himself, of course). Mom was a useless drunk. Dad always had some girlfriend ten years younger than him. Dad was sexually and verbally abusive.

Mom is dead. I haven't talked to my dad since 1995.

Thank ou all for your support. It really helps me get through it knowing that there are people who care. As for the medium term; I'm going to have to get a job and find an apartment until things get worked out. However I will not be going "home" again. Again thanks for your support! You guys (and girls :P) are the best family I have

If you call the police you might be able to get your stuff back [if it's worth it]. I had some family rivalry stuff happen a few years ago when my family rented a house with my aunt and uncle.

If you live in the USA and paying Rent. You can fight to get the money back. That a idea. You can also use it to get your stuff back. I think I watch to much Judge Judy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    If you live in the USA and paying Rent.
    Wouldn't that only apply if there was a written and signed contract? I can't imagine that would be possible if it was just a spoken agreement.