Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Bolivia for almost 2 weeks/*I'm back now.

Default Going to Bolivia for almost 2 weeks/*I'm back now.

I never say where I go so this is my first.
    I just did this so I wouldn't get complaints about me not replying to private messages, and people wondering where I went.
    Any tips on going there?
    Has anyone gone there?
    I am afraid of Killer bees, Kidnappers, getting detained, and false police.
    any tips of avoiding these things.
    I am leaving for the airport this evening.

dprdinky

Yeah I've been there, where are you going? If you fly into La Paz the airport is at 35,000 feet and if you stay long while there, you might need to take a blood thinner so you can breath easier. As far as all thos scary things, just be careful, don't go anywhere that might be suspect. Stay in the open and be ready to speak spanish, if you know it.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dprdinky View Post
    Yeah I've been there, where are you going?
    Santa Cruz,Bolivia.

If you fly into La Paz the airport is at 35,000 feet and if you stay long while there, you might need to take a blood thinner so you can breath easier.
    I am only there for less than 2 weeks and I heard thew location I will be at 16,000 feet above sea level.

As far as all those scary things, just be careful, don't go anywhere that might be suspect.
    I read that the cities are the only dangerous place and my family is not planning to visit the rain forest there.

Stay in the open and be ready to speak spanish, if you know it.
    we are going to the farmland outside of the city.

Wow, Bolivia. That sounds like a lot of fun. I have no tips for you, because I am yet to leave this continent, but I hope you have a good two weeks away. Oh wait, I do have one tip; travel as a Canadian, because everyone likes us better! Seriously though, I'm sure it will be fairly safe their, just don't act silly. Great advice courtesy of me. Have a great couple of weeks. I am jealous.

Does Bolivia have problems with dysentary? I remember the one line from "Transformers" where *Uncle Bobby B.* the used car dealer said his last name, Bolivia, was "the same as the country only without the runs." Hmmm...maybe best to just drink bottled water with a cap still sealed on while visiting?

~Pramrider