Thread: Think I've been caught

Default Think I've been caught

got home today and on my bed was 2 packages 1 was my new onesie I baught and other some fabine nappies, but I noticed the fabine packaging has been opened, either by post man or my mum I'm not sure yet but now feel very awkward round my mum lol

Was it obviously opened or just damaged?

Is your mum equally awkward round you? Has she said anything about it?

certainly not the postman, but I've seen accidents with PO (as well as mail for the entire county left in a semi trailer for 6 months or so)

Haha yes it was deffo opened as when I picked it up 3 nappies fell out, and she hasn't said anything or letting on that she knows anything so I'm just gonna leave it till its forgotten about and enjoy my new Thomas the tank engine fleece onesie

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboyuk21 View Post
    Haha yes it was deffo opened as when I picked it up 3 nappies fell out, and she hasn't said anything or letting on that she knows anything so I'm just gonna leave it till its forgotten about and enjoy my new Thomas the tank engine fleece onesie
    One thing is for sure, unless she has some issue with her memory she is unlikely to just forget what she has seen if she saw anything. For now I would, if it were me, go on with the presumption that she now knows.

We don't know your mom so it is impossible to say what she is thinking or how she will react. Considering the fact that you are an adult it could be that is simply choosing to not confront you with what she has seen. Yet, I have t wonder why she would have opened the package. Perhaps it was just a matter of curiosity or maybe she was concerned about something. I know for me I have had packages that arrive partially damaged sometimes and if my brother accepts that package he will open it to inspect for damage before accepting it.

Again, remember that you are an adult and that you should be able to make all of your own choices and you should have pretty much full privacy. If your mother has in fact opened your package she has little to say about the matter because she did open the package. How does she explain this lack of trust while confronting you about the diapers, I just don't see this happening.

For now I would just leave it and not say a word about the opened package, and I would be surprised if she says anything either.

If she happens to say anything you do have a choice about how I deal with the situation. I personally just clammed up, I was a kid at the time, which did not help but at east I was not compelled to talk about something that was extremely difficult for me to talk about. You can choose to open up to her to explain and to set her at ease about why you were getting diapers. You could even tell her that you are too embarrassed to talk about it. Regardless, here are a couple of important points:

1. Don't act as though you have done anything wrong, remember this is a choice that you have made in life and you certainty have your reasons for the diapers. Acting or appearing guilty will automatically put you in a defensive mode and is also obvious to the other person. So if you act, appear or feel guilty she will see it and will automatically assume you must be guilty of something.

2. She is your mother and she most certainty loves you. Treat her with kindness, dignity, respect and most importantly love. Sometimes motherly intentions get in the way and can even create some pretty awkward situations, but they are only meant to be loving, caring nurturing acts.

I know it may be difficult but you should make it a point to not avoid her. This will help to set her at ease and will also serve to protect your very important relationship with her.

I think that's the right way to approach this. I wouldn't bring it up unless she does.