Page 1 of 48 1234511213141 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 473

Thread: "1776 will commence again!"

  1. #1

    Default "1776 will commence again!"

    Alex Jones Piers Morgan Part 1. 1776 Will Commence Again' If Guns Taken Away - YouTube

    Anyone else feel ashamed to be of the same species as this idiot? It was hilarious however.

  2. #2

    Default

    I will agree he is way over the top.
    But I will also tell you the day you show up at my place to get my guns is the day we will have a problem.
    The main problem is responsible gun ownership. My guns are locked in a safe unloaded and brought out only when I intend to use them.
    I as my police officer dad tought my children how to use and disarm any gun I had in the house. But still they were locked up.
    Where I see the problem is when we took the ten commandments out of our government and schools. That and worrying too much about the rights of those with mental problems and you have todays problems.

    Mother Defends Children Against Armed Burglar

    Perhaps we should also ban crow bars?

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    I will agree he is way over the top.
    But I will also tell you the day you show up at my place to get my guns is the day we will have a problem.
    The main problem is responsible gun ownership. My guns are locked in a safe unloaded and brought out only when I intend to use them.
    I as my police officer dad tought my children how to use and disarm any gun I had in the house. But still they were locked up.
    Where I see the problem is when we took the ten commandments out of our government and schools. That and worrying too much about the rights of those with mental problems and you have todays problems.

    Mother Defends Children Against Armed Burglar

    Perhaps we should also ban crow bars?
    The issue with guns is the huge amount of damage that can be caused by that one irresponsible gun owner. If a mentally unstable person walks into a busy shopping centre with a semi-automatic he could easily shoot down 30+ people before he's stopped. Even if an armed security guard or member of the public notices immediately, draws their weapon and takes the guy out with their first shot he could already have shot ten people.

    The parallels drawn with knives or other weapons are false. Every single mad man in the UK can legally buy a knife in a shop over the age of 18, as there are therefore many many times more madmen with knives than guns, this is the same in the US, why do you not see the same level of deaths by knife crime?
    Because it's simply impossible to take out more than a few people using a knife before you are overwhelmed. That's assuming people try to stop you, the other option is that everyone runs away. Yes, you can run away from a man with a knife, you can easily be shot in the back by a gun.

    Lastly your thoughts on the ten commandments are completely irrelevant, unless you can point me to one of them that says "thou shalt not misuse a gun". They have nothing whatsoever to do with gun control. The only possible relevance would be if the lack of Christian teaching has led to a more unstable society and hence more people going on rampages. Even then it makes no difference to the debate, the point is that more damage can be done with a gun than any other easily obtainable weapon by a guy on a rampage. The frequency of rampages changing as a result of less Christian teaching (if that were even true) still doesn't change the previous fact.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    I will agree he is way over the top.
    But I will also tell you the day you show up at my place to get my guns is the day we will have a problem.
    The main problem is responsible gun ownership. My guns are locked in a safe unloaded and brought out only when I intend to use them.
    I as my police officer dad tought my children how to use and disarm any gun I had in the house. But still they were locked up.
    Where I see the problem is when we took the ten commandments out of our government and schools. That and worrying too much about the rights of those with mental problems and you have todays problems.

    Mother Defends Children Against Armed Burglar

    Perhaps we should also ban crow bars?
    So far I haven't heard of one person who wants to take any guns away. I only heard about banning semi-automatic military style guns that normally aren't used in hunting. I never heard of a hunter using a gun with a 30 round magazine. So these guns are either for

    A. killing people
    B. Sport shooting (And top shot sucks.)

    Also the government wasn't founded on any religion. "Under god" was added to pledge of allegiance which seems to of been written by a socialist anyhow.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    I will agree he is way over the top.
    But I will also tell you the day you show up at my place to get my guns is the day we will have a problem.
    The main problem is responsible gun ownership. My guns are locked in a safe unloaded and brought out only when I intend to use them.
    I as my police officer dad tought my children how to use and disarm any gun I had in the house. But still they were locked up.
    Where I see the problem is when we took the ten commandments out of our government and schools. That and worrying too much about the rights of those with mental problems and you have todays problems.

    Mother Defends Children Against Armed Burglar

    Perhaps we should also ban crow bars?
    Realize that while you may be a responsible gun owner, others who are indistinguishable from you, as far as gun dealers are concerned, are not. Realize that your right to own and use firearms ultimately costs others their lives - not through any fault of your own, but because the system which allows you to indulge your hobby also allows less-than-ideal citizens to much more easily take the lives of others.

    When you admit both of these things, then maybe you'll see why taking the bible out of legislation and public schools ("congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" does not provide any special exemption for your religion) is not the problem.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB View Post
    Realize that your right to own and use firearms ultimately costs others their lives
    Wow... so people are murdered because I have a right to bear arms. I did not know that was what caused murder. Here I thought it was countless other reasons like drugs, mental instability, money, other crimes, love, hate, racism.... nope. Its because I have a right to own a gun. Because.... let's face it, if no one was legally allowed to own a gun, no one would ever be murdered again.

    Outlawing any type of weapon is not going to do anything to prevent mass murders. People that murder others aren't going to care how they do it. If some crazy lunatic wanted to murder a bunch of people at a mall or school or airport or military base and didn't have access to a 30 round magazine, he could easily find the recipe for something worse online and make a bomb or something. If someone is dead set on making a statement, they will find a way to do it. Taking away access to something may just as easily lead to them finding something worse.

  7. #7

    Default

    I find it hilarious about this "right to bear arms" topic, when the U.S. constitution was written they had no semi-automatic,automatic and assault weapons, so they couldn't have written about them. They meant guns meant for hunting. The argument is not trying to get rid of guns period. And if it is, it shouldn't be but non-automatic guns aren't going away. Also one of the biggest ways to stop all these massacres and most gun violence is to screen for mental health. Jeez, maybe if people consider the whole situation (Dems and Reps) they wouldn't be focused on that fucking "the gov't won't take my guns away" topic.

    Just tell me how many of you 1. Carry a gun with you at all times, and 2. actually have semi-automatic, automatic and assault weapons? If yes I do, then what is your need for them.

  8. #8

    Default

    How is that man allowed on television?! He's incapable of debate! He should be on some kind of medication, not interviewed by Piers Morgan...

    Perhaps it's not always the case, but so often the kind of people who argue in favour of the general public owning lethal weapons are the exact kind of people that you wouldn't want anywhere near them!

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post
    Wow... so people are murdered because I have a right to bear arms.
    Indirectly, yes. The same laws that make it easy for you to obtain firearms for personal, responsible use also make it easy for other, less-responsible people to obtain firearms. Bear in mind that the vast majority of gun murders in this country are people killed either by their own guns or by those of people they intimately know (close friends or family). Bear in mind that gun ownership correlates overwhelmingly well to firearm murder rate by country.



    Because.... let's face it, if no one was legally allowed to own a gun, no one would ever be murdered again.
    I never made this argument, nor will you ever hear me make it. Nor am I advocating that all guns should be banned. I am simply asking that you think clearly and critically about the effects of the ease with which one can buy a firearm in our country.



    Outlawing any type of weapon is not going to do anything to prevent mass murders.
    See above; I am not advocating a blanket ban of all weapons. That is absurd, and a strawman. Additionally, mass murders, while tragic, are not the problem; the vast majority of gun murders in this country are, as I mentioned earlier, between people who know each other well. Those who live in a house with a gun, on the whole, are far more likely to be shot than those who don't.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Alex Jones Piers Morgan Part 1. 1776 Will Commence Again' If Guns Taken Away - YouTube

    Anyone else feel ashamed to be of the same species as this idiot? It was hilarious however.
    I watched this out of curiosity, and all I can say is; uh....
    I've seen much talk in the press about the unstable people with access to guns. This bloke comes across as pretty unstable to me!

    Also, the ranting bloke's contention that crime is rising in the UK seems to be incorrect. I read an article over Christmas titled "2012: That was the year that was" (BBC News - 2012: That was the year that was) which gave an overall retrospective on the year, and on the topic of crime it states;

    "Violent crime is at historically low levels in Britain. Property crime is at historically low levels. The murder rate is at its lowest level for 30 years."

    despite the lack of guns, it seems...

    Based on the general "self defence" argument that this bloke "talks" about, and indeed that seems to be often raised against gun control legislation, I assume that people in America don't trust the police to protect them. It is, after all, the function of the police service to protect the general public from crime and violence (or at least that's what I was taught as a kid in the UK).
    So personally, I think if that's the case then Americans should reform their police service, make it into an institution they trust and feel they can depend on, rather then stockpiling personal arsenals of military-grade weapons.

Similar Threads

  1. 1776 David McCullough?
    By diaperedteenager in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-Sep-2009, 16:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.