Thread: Is it worth it to bring my girlfriend here?

Default Is it worth it to bring my girlfriend here?

Over the past couple of months, I've spent a lot of time on this forum reading the threads and enjoying seeing some fantastic conversation in the people of this community. I've seen people here for support, fun, knowledge and sharing. And I've even enjoyed occasionally contributing to some threads.

I'm obviously here because I like to wear diapers. My girlfriend, however, is not a fan of it at all. Every time I bring it up, she gets really short with me. Every time I wear around her, she gets mad. She just can't bring herself to accept my love for diapers, because it really bothers her. However, she tells me that she really wishes that she could accept it and participate in it for me, because she wants to be there for me and be a good girlfriend. She hopes that in time she can learn to control it and be ok with me and diapers, but as of right now she does not accept it and wants nothing to do with it.

Having seen other people come onto this forum (most notably that Gina lady who came on posting about her son), I brought it up to my girlfriend that maybe she could come here and post and talk to other people about diapers so she can see I'm not doing anything wrong or weird or whatever it is she thinks. Her original response was, "I don't want you to think that just because other people tell me to be ok with it that I'm suddenly going to be ok with it". Which is valid and obviously she is going to feel how she feels. But, a few days ago she mentioned that in time maybe she could come on by herself or with me and check out the site. Which is obviously good news for me as I love this girl very much and clearly she's trying to find it within herself to be there for me.

But I do worry somewhat about bringing her here. I'm not an adult baby or sissy or anything (my user name is MaxiPad because as I put in my intro thread, I used to wear panties and thick maxi pads to simulate diapers until I could buy the real things online). I just simply love and get turned on by diapers. I have asked her occasionally if we could play with binkies or drink from baby bottles, and she used to be ok with it but not lately. So my concern is if she comes on here and sees people posting about adult babies and being a sissy, she might totally get the wrong impression about why I like diapers. And that would be completely counter productive.

So what's the right move? I want her to support me and clearly she does too, so I want to make the right moves because trying to get diapers involved has been a very frustrating process. I haven't forced it on her, I've worn twice around her since July. But I'd like to move the process along somehow.

Any advice?

I see your point. I think you would have to explain to her that just wearing and wanting diapers does not define the person, that there are many variants, and that a fetish site can contain other fetishes, or variations. If she understands that, she can discriminate between the many types. However, she will see a world that is very different from her world, and she might be more distressed rather than less. We are all under the umbrella of paraphilia, and we do have some common activities associated with one another. I'm not so sure I would want to expose her to the whole realm of who we are if she is having trouble accepting your diaper wearing. I think your fears are justified.

I'm glad that my fears are rational, so thank you being honest with me. Maybe I should rethink having her come here...I doubt unless I push her she will bring it up again anyway.

However, I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions or successes with their significant other not liking diapers and eventually coming around and wouldn't mind sharing?

Default Re: Is it worth it to bring my girlfriend here?

How about letting her read the "Understanding Infantilism" article. If you want, read it over yourself to see if this would be a good idea or not. Maybe you're not explaining it very well. Maybe she thinks its weird because of the whole diapers are for babies theory. Just like our guilt trips afterwards. She can be confused.

The good thing is that she accepts you even though she doesn't want to be involved in it. It's probably a good idea to keep your wearing in private. Don't press the issue too much, or she may just get pushed away from you.

This stuff isn't for everyone, all the creepers out there that make things worse and media usually sticks to the weird ones. Maybe what she had seen was too much.

If the article doesn't help matters. You should just drop it. Keep it in your own privacy. She obviously loves you for putting up with something she's not liking at all.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I've actually never read this understand infantilism article, is it something on this forum? Does it explain the difference between AB and DL? I don't want her thinking I am AB because if she starts to feel that I feel my cause will be lost. I know she wants to be there to support my diaper fetish but can't bring herself to at this time, so if that helps explain what a diaper fetish is, it's certain worth a shot.

Do you have a link?

And thanks for the good perspective.

Default Re: Is it worth it to bring my girlfriend here?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    I've actually never read this understand infantilism article, is it something on this forum? Does it explain the difference between AB and DL? I don't want her thinking I am AB because if she starts to feel that I feel my cause will be lost. I know she wants to be there to support my diaper fetish but can't bring herself to at this time, so if that helps explain what a diaper fetish is, it's certain worth a shot.

Do you have a link?

And thanks for the good perspective.
    Check in the articles section of the website here. I'm on phone and can't get the link posted here. It might explain a little bit, the difference between AB and DL. In actuality they are basically the same. It's a bit of age regression in both.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2