Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear around your kids and do they know?

Default Do you wear around your kids and do they know?

I am still in the process of trying to tell my wife about my love of diapers. You may have seen my other thread asking for help. However, I am curious as to who on here might have kids and wear around them. Do they know or do you keep it hidden from them? Even if my wife ended up being 100% okay with me being in diapers as often as I wanted, I dont think I could ever be diapered around my kids. I have three of them...ages 7 and twins at 4. I just think it would be a very traumatizing shock for them if somehow they found daddy wearing diapers...the same things I trained them to get out of before. So does anybody have kids who actually know about you wearing...or at the very least, do you secretly wear around them? And if they do know, how did you explain it?

Butterfly Mage

I don't have kids. However, whether your kids know you wear diapers should depend on whether you are incontinent. If you wear diapers out of medical need, then your kids will eventually find out anyway and you can just explain that some people are just different and have different medical needs. If you are wearing diapers out of simple emotional/sexual gratification, then your children should NOT be told. It should be a private thing between you, your wife, and any other ABDL friends you have.

I dont have kids and do not plan on it for several year but I will never wear around my children, it would be just weird i would keep it to the bedroom or might even quit wearing for a while

i have a kid on the way right now and i think i will wear around it, but id definitely hide it under clothes very carefully. and i wont discuss it with them either

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by geauxblue View Post
    i have a kid on the way right now and i think i will wear around it, but id definitely hide it under clothes very carefully. and i wont discuss it with them either
    I was recently in your boat. I became a parent about 3 weeks ago. Out of respect and love for my wife, I have greatly curtailed my diaper wearing time. She knows I like to wear them, and knows where my small supply is in the house. Since the birth of my first child I have not worn at all. I do not plan on letting her know or find out that I like diapers. That is something she just never needs to know. No one knows what the future holds, but I doubt I will stop wearing diapers. I may have to cut even further back on diaper wearing time until I can figure out when and where I can wear them. But that is about the best answer I can give on this question.

Good question by the way OP!

I have two kids, ages 8 and 4.75. Neither of them know of my diaper habit, and I plan to keep it that way! I mostly wear diapers when I have the house to myself, or when I'm otherwise assured of some privacy. Like Cherub, I wore quite a bit less often immediately following the births of my kids. It was a combination of being required to change diapers as well as the simpler fact of having very little free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I don't have kids. However, whether your kids know you wear diapers should depend on whether you are incontinent. If you wear diapers out of medical need, then your kids will eventually find out anyway and you can just explain that some people are just different and have different medical needs. If you are wearing diapers out of simple emotional/sexual gratification, then your children should NOT be told. It should be a private thing between you, your wife, and any other ABDL friends you have.
    I agree completely with this. If you wear diapers simply because you like them, it's not healthy to present this to your children. If they are all grown up and out of the house, that is a different story.

But even then, why? It's something you like to do and you shouldn't involve your kids in it.

I seriously doubt your kids need to know. I think that they deserve to grow up not having to worry about this stuff. Kids have enough to worry about. Be their dad, that's what they need. Hopefully you can fulfill your personal needs privately with your wife. My two cents worth.

I do wear around my son because I wear them 24/7. He is still too young to understand. He has seen them on me and have touched them when he found a disposable one in his diaper bag and my purse and the cloth ones in the box. He used to grab at my plastic pants too when I would have them on. He has never said anything about it because he is too young. I am hoping he won't know about it and will soon forget when I keep it hidden from him. It's difficult right now to keep it all hidden so I am trying to break the habit. But I know he may find out soon because he could snoop and see them or catch me in one. Then I would have to tell them some people need to wear them due to bladder problems or poop problems. Hopefully there won't be any other questions asked like if that is why I wear them. I don't intend to flaunt it around him or tell him the real reason why I wear them. Plus I am sure he wouldn't want to know either when he is old enough to learn about sex and fetishes. I don't even want to know about my own mother in law wearing them sometimes even though she has a medical need for it. If my own mother had a medical need for them too, I don't think I would want to know about it and if she likes it or not or if it's also a fetish for her too. I don't want to know her sex life either and I was pretty creeped out when I found out they were having sex above me the whole time when I was 20. I would be in my dad's office on the computer and heir bedroom is above it so I would hear their bed shaking and also the fact they would lock their door sometimes. I just didn't connect the dots until I was 20. I think I would also keep my computer password protected and not ever let my son use it so he would never find the AB/DL forums I go to and see the stories I write sometimes. That would be a way of him finding out about me liking them. But then again, I doubt he would confront me about it because it would be too embarrassing. He could think I go there just to cope with my "problem" or I am really into the whole AB/DL thing or both.

and one wonders when this actually starts.. hmm I'm actually leaning towards the imprinting theory, one of my earliest memories (2 1/2~3) was seeing my mom put on a maxi pad, while she was trying to potty train me.. (ahh, the lies start early) I know what I thought it was at the time. got caught shortly after trying one on, then subsequently got busted for putting on one of my little brothers' shortly after he was born (3~3 1/2) I was extremely jealous of him, especially when he utterly refused to potty train until he turned 4.