Thread: ABDL and Dissociative Identity Disorder

Default ABDL and Dissociative Identity Disorder

I have recently been in and out of psychiatric hospitals and have been treated for major depression, panic disorder, and dissociative identity disorder. I am wondering if my interest in ABDL is part of what is causing me to completely dissociate into a two year old state, or a 6 month old state. When I say dissociate, I mean I have memory lapses between states. While an adult I am still an ABDL, and still partially IC, but it is just interesting that my two most prominent alters are little ones. Any thoughts on this?

Butterfly Mage

I also have dissociative identity disorder (a system with five alters). But my "child" alter isn't the reason I'm a DL. I have no idea why I have always wanted to wear diapers.

I is more likely that the root cause or at least a portion of the root cause is more responsible for your DL. It could be a symptom, but with all of the other things going on there is more to this story.

My guess, as a non-dissociative multiple (brought here by one of their littles), is that your interest in ABDL is a symptom, rather than a cause. Your littles want their needs met, and are making them known, and some of that may filter through when you're up front, even if they're not completely taking control at the time.