Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers & Snow

Default Diapers & Snow

Anyone wear while skiing/snowboarding or while doing snow-related activities?

I just started snowboarding, and they're easy to hide under my snow pants. The loudness of the pants themselves would allow me to wear an Attends 6-tape if I wanted! However I either go Dry 24/7 or Molicare when I've been padding up before hitting the bunny slope.

It honestly helps having a little cushion down there- since I'm a total newbie at it. The first day I didn't wear, and my butt was sore from all the falls!

I've been googling for some tips at using my edges and mastering toeside turns. But I'm wondering if I have to worry about a padding/gel explosion if I fall too hard. Will it rip? Do I have to worry about it?

I always ski well padded, its a nice trick to avoid having to go pee in the middle of the day, but that doesn't prevent me from taking breaks when its cold outside its good to get inside for a coffee or hot chocolate and some cookies, then I get back on the mountain quickly to have more fun...

Search this topic as it has been discussed heavily within the last few months. I actually wear disposables when skiing (I drink alot of water to avoid leg cramps). Generally I wear my training underwear and plastic underpants at night but for skiing and drinking alot of water you need MAJOR absorption. Spare diapers fit in your ski jaket quite well.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by lullingsea View Post
    But I'm wondering if I have to worry about a padding/gel explosion if I fall too hard. Will it rip? Do I have to worry about it?
    I've never snow skied before, but from a logical point of view, wouldn't plastic pants over the diaper keep any such rips or wet diaper explosion (from falling on it) contained?

I've walked around out in the cold and snow before and used a snow blower before while padded up. It's a cool feeling ( no pun intended, lol)

it's also good for insulation when you sit on the snow/ice.

I wear out in the snow. Bobsleighing and what not. I have never had an attends fail or break on me no matter how wet I get.

Quote Originally Posted by JOCKMAN View Post
    Search this topic as it has been discussed heavily within the last few months. I actually wear disposables when skiing (I drink alot of water to avoid leg cramps). Generally I wear my training underwear and plastic underpants at night but for skiing and drinking alot of water you need MAJOR absorption. Spare diapers fit in your ski jaket quite well.
    Gahhh sorry bout this. I must have searched 'sking'. I hate putting out redundant topics- but here I am. Nonetheless, thanks for the tip- I found a couple useful posts in the other threads

Lol If I had 24/7 diapers present, I would wear them any day for Snowboarding.
    I wore goodnites for snowboarding recently Although I was so excited to Snowboard again, I forgot to pee :P
    But I did demolish it once i came back, so don't worry, no diapers wasted on my end

I wish I had snow where I lived, I'd use this as the perfect excuse to wear whenever I went out :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tonky View Post
    I wish I had snow where I lived, I'd use this as the perfect excuse to wear whenever I went out :3
    Lucky you, I would sometimes do anything to live where there's no snow, here in Canada we have to live with snow for nearly 5 months (from November to April) sometimes, let me tell you that after awhile the snow get really boring, its cool for skiing and winter outdoor activities but if only it was during a shorter period of time (I would love for it to be there for 2 months max), that would be perfect.