Thread: An idea for preventing leaks with plastic pants

Default An idea for preventing leaks with plastic pants

I'm probably not the first person to think of this, but I figured I'd share anyway. I recently bought some cheap plastic pants and they seem to work OK, but just in case it gets to the point where they may start leaking liquid if you move wrong, or if you just don't want urine sloshing around between the plastic and your legs, I came up with an idea. Take a booster with a sticky surface and apply it to the outside of the diaper, then put the plastic pants over it. As the liquid settles at the bottom it will be absorbed, thus increasing capacity and removing some of the free flowing liquid in the space once diapers start to leak. Anyone else try this?

Is that a more efficient use of the booster compared to just putting it in the diaper?

I do both, and considering they are like $8 for 25 I don't see it as that much of an expense.

Which ones do you use and where do you get them? For that price it seems like it would be worth it as long as it isn't slipping around too much

Tranquility Topliner from a local medical supply store. They have a sticky surface so they don't slide around.