Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Public Experience!

Default My First Public Experience!

So, I drove from south Texas up to Colorado Springs yesterday. It was a loooooong drive! At about 5 when the sun was setting, I pulled over to change a leaking diaper. After I changed, I didn't bother putting anything else on but my shoes. Has anyone ever done anything like this? I was driving until 1 am and didnt care if anyone saw. I even stopped and walked around at a few of those historical markers (I'm a history buff), of course it was dark and no one was around, but it was so liberating! AND COLD!

Sounds like an experience I totally agree that it's a liberating feeling, I've got a cottage on the countryside where I sometimes prance around in my diaper hehe. It's a thrill even though I know the chance of someone seeing me in a diaper is one in a million

Quote Originally Posted by SOBXABDL View Post
    So, I drove from south Texas up to Colorado Springs yesterday. It was a loooooong drive! At about 5 when the sun was setting, I pulled over to change a leaking diaper. After I changed, I didn't bother putting anything else on but my shoes. Has anyone ever done anything like this? I was driving until 1 am and didnt care if anyone saw. I even stopped and walked around at a few of those historical markers (I'm a history buff), of course it was dark and no one was around, but it was so liberating! AND COLD!
    I often wear while driving and, if it's not too cold, often strip down to just the diaper for the trip. I also drive naked reasonably often. My caveat to you is to think about the effect this has on others. In terms of their discomfort, there is probably not that much difference between their reaction to noticing that you are driving in a diaper and noticing that you are driving naked. Sure, one you can be arrested for and the other you can't but many (most?) people are going to find either shocking.

As with nakedness, the ethical issue is whether you are looking for the shocked response. Mere public nudity (on a CO beach, for example) is not indecent exposure (although local laws might disagree) but public nudity looking to get some kind of gratification out of people's response is. There is some kind of difference in degree between the two, but I don't think there is a dramatic difference in principle.

And as with nakedness, there is an issue of etiquette. Assuming you're not looking to get a charge out of shocking someone there is no reason to make others uncomfortable if you can avoid it.

So while I drive wearing just a diaper (or less), I always have a towel handy to cover up with if there is going to be someone who will be able to see that I am (toll booths, big trucks---although I'm less careful about them, other cars are not generally a problem). And I always have something to put on if I'm going to be in a populated area.

And I would almost certainly not consider stopping and wandering around a historical marker without covering up, although I suppose the likelihood of surprising someone could be reasonably low.

To be clear: I do not equate wearing diapers and being naked and I recognize that there _is_ a matter of degree both legally and in terms of individual acceptability. I find both acceptable and liberating. Some find neither to be. And there are certainly those who find one acceptable and not the other and vice versa. My point is that there is a spectrum of public behaviors on which both of these fall and that it is useful to think about the acceptability of the behaviors in terms of that specttrum.

Also to be clear. If nudity (or wearing diapers) is not legal where you are, I do not condone doing it.

I'm jealous! I want property that I can go diapers-only on!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adasterix View Post
    I often wear while driving and, if it's not too cold, often strip down to just the diaper for the trip. I also drive naked reasonably often. My caveat to you is to think about the effect this has on others. In terms of their discomfort, there is probably not that much difference between their reaction to noticing that you are driving in a diaper and noticing that you are driving naked. Sure, one you can be arrested for and the other you can't but many (most?) people are going to find either shocking.

As with nakedness, the ethical issue is whether you are looking for the shocked response. Mere public nudity (on a CO beach, for example) is not indecent exposure (although local laws might disagree) but public nudity looking to get some kind of gratification out of people's response is. There is some kind of difference in degree between the two, but I don't think there is a dramatic difference in principle.

And as with nakedness, there is an issue of etiquette. Assuming you're not looking to get a charge out of shocking someone there is no reason to make others uncomfortable if you can avoid it.

So while I drive wearing just a diaper (or less), I always have a towel handy to cover up with if there is going to be someone who will be able to see that I am (toll booths, big trucks---although I'm less careful about them, other cars are not generally a problem). And I always have something to put on if I'm going to be in a populated area.

And I would almost certainly not consider stopping and wandering around a historical marker without covering up, although I suppose the likelihood of surprising someone could be reasonably low.

To be clear: I do not equate wearing diapers and being naked and I recognize that there _is_ a matter of degree both legally and in terms of individual acceptability. I find both acceptable and liberating. Some find neither to be. And there are certainly those who find one acceptable and not the other and vice versa. My point is that there is a spectrum of public behaviors on which both of these fall and that it is useful to think about the acceptability of the behaviors in terms of that specttrum.

Also to be clear. If nudity (or wearing diapers) is not legal where you are, I do not condone doing it.
    It was a calculated risk... When I stopped, there was no one around. The roads were absolutely desolate, but I doubt I would have cared if someone had caught a small glimpse. I do agree that having something handy to cover up with is a necessity.

ahh, I got one of those, 13 miles down a main dirt road, then another mile down another, I havent built anything on it, but camped out there a few times. it sits in a bowl, the closest thing within a mile is an abandoned Aframe built in the '70s, i've run around there in nothing but a diaper, as well as completely naked ('cept the shoes', lots of cacti)

I've driven in a diaper before, however I've never been in my diaper alone. Maybe that's because I only drive during daytime and in crowded roads. But anyway, I still wouldn't be in a diaper alone even if it was dark and nobody was around. I can imagine the headlines if I had a car crash or something. Maybe I'm letting my imagination run wild, but still... Also, driving naked? I dislike the idea of putting my butt on a filthy car seat, but that's just me. :P

Not to get off topic to far, but what was your back up plan if you got pulled over?

Quote Originally Posted by SOBXABDL View Post
    It was a calculated risk... When I stopped, there was no one around. The roads were absolutely desolate, but I doubt I would have cared if someone had caught a small glimpse. I do agree that having something handy to cover up with is a necessity.
    Sorry if I came across as preaching. (hmm, maybe sorry that I was preaching.)
    I've obviously thought about this a good deal. The alternatives, it seems to me, are to restrict yourself in unnecessary ways or to think carefully about what the actual social consequences of your actions are.
    I'm very much in favor of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoo
    Maybe I'm letting my imagination run wild, but still... Also, driving naked? I dislike the idea of putting my butt on a filthy car seat, but that's just me. :P
    First rule of being naked (and hitchiking, although I don't recommend combining the two) is to always have a towel. My butt is always very clean, but I don't expect everyone to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by jambi66441
    Not to get off topic to far, but what was your back up plan if you got pulled over?
    Ah. Well, generally the towel.
    This has actually happened once. (Apologies for hijacking the thread this is not only not on topic for the thread, it's not particularly on topic for the forum.)

It was on the back roads of Yucatan. I pulled around a curve right into an army checkpoint. While I was sitting on a towel, I didn't actually have anything to cover up with.
    This is an ideal place for the universally useful Spanish phrase "Uno momentito, por favor."
    The army guys thought it was hillarious (fortunately). My wife was not so sanguine. But it makes a good travel story. No point it traveling if you don't bring back stories.

Zpeed

I doubt it is against any law to drive car in just a diaper

I prefer to have a shirt on, cause I always wear seat-belts
    Seat-belt against skin is no good and topless driving just looks weird, unless you drive a cabriolet and/or its HOT

Quote Originally Posted by Zpeed View Post
    I doubt it is against any law to drive car in just a diaper
    Me too. That's one of the differences of degree. On the other hand, it isn't actually against the law to drive naked, either. It is against the law, in many jurisdictions, to _be_ naked in public.

Just to throw down a provocative comment: it's not against the law in any (US) jurisdiction (as of a few years ago) to drive in your bare feet, either. Unless, of course, you are driving in a grocery store.

OK. That's it. I promise I will not prolong this thread any longer.