View Poll Results: do you have any of your Wisdom teeth?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have all four!

15 28.30%
  • I only have some

7 13.21%
  • I have them all removed

31 58.49%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any of your Wisdom teeth?

Default Do you have any of your Wisdom teeth?

Does anyone still have their Wisdom teeth? I saw a thread and just felt most people had them removed. I was wondering if anyone still has them like me. I still have all 4 and I go to the dentist every 6 months. In fact I was just checked on new years eve when he said my wisdom teeth are fine as long as I keep them cleaned.

Butterfly Mage

Two were extracted easily, two were downright horrible.

I had braces before my wisdom teeth came in. They removed my "12 year old molars" to make room for my wisdom teeth to have room to come in properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryger View Post
    I had braces before my wisdom teeth came in. They removed my "12 year old molars" to make room for my wisdom teeth to have room to come in properly.
    Oh wow I had no idea that could happen. I really never had much teeth problems other then getting fillings in my smaller teeth. I do not have any fillings in my permanent teeth. I also never had braces.

I remember eating skittles to help my baby teeth fall out XD ( I mean as in like chewing something)

All four of my wisdom teeth were growing horizontally under the gums towards the rest of my teeth! Every one was "rotated" 90 degrees from what it should have been, giving the appearance in the x-ray that they had all fallen asleep. Crazy, huh?

Is that why they had to remove yours? ouch >< I found this :

Mesioangular impaction is the most common form (44%), and means the tooth is angled forward, towards the front of the mouth.
    Vertical impaction (38%) occurs when the formed tooth does not erupt fully through the gum line.
    Distoangular impaction (6%) means the tooth is angled backward, towards the rear of the mouth.
    Horizontal impaction (3%) is the least common form, which occurs when the tooth is angled fully 90 degrees sideways, growing into the roots of the second
    SO tiny.. You are a rare person it seems XD

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    Is that why they had to remove yours?
    Yeah... pretty much...

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    SO tiny.. You are a rare person it seems XD
    Well... 3%, eh? Is that for each tooth?! 3%^4 is 0.000081% -- less than one in a million! I'm certainly rare! There's no one quite like me... and for that, we can all be grateful!

Cherub

I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled in the same office visit. All four of my wisdom teeth were partially impacted, in that they were still partially under the gums and only part way out. It made for painful chewing. It only took me about 4 days to recover enough to feel normal. Although I was told not to suck through a straw for a couple weeks to allow the socket to heal properly. Other wise I would have gotten what is known as 'dry socket' in which the nerve in the socket is either exposed or irritated. I never had that problem, but hear it is very painful!

I had all 4 pulled at once when I was 24. General anesthesia, they had to be broken up for removal and recovery was not near as bad as I had feared. Twenty five years later a piece they missed erupted through the gums back there.

I was wondering how exactly you define impacted (partially under the gum line) My dentist said they are fine but there is a little bit of the back that seems like it is under the gum line. It is super hard/imposable to floss behind them but other then that it is like a normal tooth to me. I can easily floss in the front of them (meaning in between the wisdom teeth and the normal teeth) I have no pain with them. They are pretty much normal looking expect they are a bit covered in the back. I think they grew in when i was like 18-20, so I had them for a while. (pretty sure they are done growing this point lol)