Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a diaper snob?

Default Are you a diaper snob?

I've become a diaper snob. Back in the day, fifteen years ago when I first had my drivers license, I would have taken any diaper I could get my hands on and I'd be thrilled. Even 5 years ago -- same deal. Any store brand or hospital piece of crap diaper would be good enough to fuel my fire. But today, now that I have a regular income and an accepting wife, I can buy dry 24/7 diapers and bambinos. Hence the lonely value Tenas lying around as well as the half bag of cloth covered tranquility slims are just not worth it to me. I caught myself thinking tonight: "I hate those tranquilitys". After that I thought to myself "I've seriously become a diaper snob".

Who else is with me?
    If not, do you loathe me and others like me? Pity us?

I'd say anyone who's younger and doesn't have regular income nor access to diapers has the "anything I can get my hands on" mentality. I didn't though, I took diapers from an aunts place and tried them on because I thought they were cute. But when I got bigger, however, I never cared to try the brands at the store. I just did without them until I eventually got a job and found diapers online that I thought I'd actually like and bought them.

I don't like to think of myself as being a snob, but rather more of a "Diaper Connoisseur" (I can't believe I knew how to spell that without looking it up first!). I find myself comparing the benefits and drawbacks between most diapers, though I too tend to stay more towards higher end lines.

I don't necessarily think that I am more of a "diaper snob". Its hard to say what I really am to tell you the truth. I'm kind of more of a private collector. I just try to hide them from my parents just to make sure that they don't act so nosy or somethin like that.

I'm with Llayden... Connoisseur

I remember my early experiences (with makeshift/fakes/etc.) anything was good enough but the more authentic the better. Maybe I was spoiled w/ Tena Maxis the first time I had "real" diapers but the depends I bought shortly after were nothing short of a huge let down.

Always wanted nothing but the best

Not really, I mean I hate Depends and wouldn't use Goodnites but other than that I'll take most adult diapers.

Not at present I think. Still in the experimental stage though

Butterfly Mage

I'm a snob so far as I only buy diapers that actually work. That means I don't buy store brands or Depends. If I could afford it, I would wear Abena x-plus all the time but I just don't have the money. The Attends diapers, while not great, do at least function as a relatively decent diaper.

Yes, I've become one over the years as well. Dry 24/7, Abena X-Plus, or Bambinos are really all I'll buy now.