Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers and Homosexuality... A link?

Default Diapers and Homosexuality... A link?

I have found another thread talking about this, but it's closed. This is a topic that has fascinated me ever since I discovered other DLs online. I have spoken to several DLs about this, and they all seem to say it's because gay people are more open to things like that. I have thought about this long and hard, and still can't see this as an explanation.
    From my experience the percentage of gay people in the AB/DL is much greater than in other fetishes. I just can't seem to believe that the only reason for this is because gay people are more likely to want to experiment with their sexuality and are theirfore more inclined to explore fetishes like this. I may be wrong, but I can't help to think there is a different mental/emotional link.

I've no idea, but... off the top of my head... Maybe in a community where other people know you wear diapers, people have had to become more accepting of their own (and others) atypical quirks, and so are more accepting of gay people. So there aren't really any more gay people but it seems like it because everyone is so open.

And/or... perhaps people who have a "sexual" attraction to diapers have a more "flexible" sexuality, hence, given particular environmental factors, they would be more likely than average to become AB/DL and more likely than average to be/become gay or bi...?

Just a couple of random hypotheses that sort of make sense to me... Not sure how you'd go about testing the second one, though... :-/

what if you look past being gay/bi whatever? Maybe there is a large like of DL of people that like to be dominated (Like being forced to be sissy , wearing diapers, and whatnot?)

Then what is the feeling over girls being DL? you only said gay so just wondering ....

TheSpecterPrincess

Quote Originally Posted by drynites1993 View Post
    I have found another thread talking about this, but it's closed. This is a topic that has fascinated me ever since I discovered other DLs online. I have spoken to several DLs about this, and they all seem to say it's because gay people are more open to things like that. I have thought about this long and hard, and still can't see this as an explanation.
    From my experience the percentage of gay people in the AB/DL is much greater than in other fetishes. I just can't seem to believe that the only reason for this is because gay people are more likely to want to experiment with their sexuality and are theirfore more inclined to explore fetishes like this. I may be wrong, but I can't help to think there is a different mental/emotional link.
    See, I half agree and I half don't.. Idk... Honestly, in the all my years in interacting with the online AB community I've seen way more straight men than gay men (but more lesbian and bi women than straight women ?!?! Go figure) But I do agree that gay men seem to be more open to trying new things involving sex. Maybe it's because there's more free love and one night stands in the gay community in general. Or maybe it's because being gay/bi is part of the oedipus complex just like AB (and a lot of other fetishes too.) OR maybe gay people just genuinely like to have fun x3 Who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    ...So there aren't really any more gay people but it seems like it because everyone is so open.
    I haven't thought of it like that actually - I've always kind of felt that most male DLs are bi/gay, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by drynites1993 View Post
    I haven't thought of it like that actually - I've always kind of felt that most male DLs are bi/gay, but maybe not.
    Definitely not most! Hmmm... doing a quick search suggests that (unless there is some kind of selection bias going on, which is quite possible), there are more gay people than I would expect in the general population:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topi...sexuality.html
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-t...sey-scale.html

A few ideas here:
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-t...community.html

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Definitely not most! Hmmm... doing a quick search suggests that (unless there is some kind of selection bias going on, which is quite possible), there are more gay people than I would expect in the general population:

Was gonna ask something but I thought it was better to send a visitor message.

Why so many gay and transexuals in infantalist community?

I see alot of user profiles here and they are alot of people who are gay or transexuals. They are very few straight users. Why is there such a large coorilation of infantalist and gays? One site I frequented that had dpr in the url had women in diapers but for some reason the site is pretty much all male now and I just find it slighlty anoying since that was one of the few good video sites...

My only reasoning about this is that gays and transexuals are more in touch with the soft side of a baby?

NOTE:I have no problems with gays or transexuals Im just commenting on observation that Ive made I dont mean to offend anyone.
    This thread... I want to comment on.. and kinda goes with this topic I guess. I joined this site to look for transgender support. Then It brought back memories of trying on diapers and finding out about those sissy diapers made me interested re-exploring the DL thing XD

I doono I think it would be interesting to remake a sexuality identity thread and a gender identity thread (Two different things, two different threads) and see what the new results are XD

I would like to see the TG forum re-appear in some form, I think it was dumped along with the TB Purge. ouch.
    while I consider myself an AB, there are other issues that i'd like to explore, while not quite TG, I have other aspects and issues that may fit there

To answer the question, NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

This is exactly like the "Are a lot of bronies gay?" question. Liking something has nothing to do with sexual orientation, unless the case is the dongs of other males. That is the only case in which it applies.

I think there might be a different connection here. I have noticed that quite a few AB's and even DL's enjoy looking at pictures of people wearing that are of the same sex NOT because they are attracted to them, but that they enjoy seeing themselves in that photo. It is then quite possible for some to then start looking past the diapers and at the person and finding themselves becoming attracted to the same sex? Who knows? All conjecture without some sort of study.