Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitness and nutrition new years resolutions:

Default Fitness and nutrition new years resolutions:

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post a quick thread before the new year asking if you all had any questions in the fitness and nutrition category! Feel free to ask any questions at all and I will be sure to answer them as soon as I am able! Happy new year everyone, and remember, BE YOURSELF because everyone else is busy being them!:]

Quote Originally Posted by dex8914 View Post
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post a quick thread before the new year asking if you all had any questions in the fitness and nutrition category! Feel free to ask any questions at all and I will be sure to answer them as soon as I am able! Happy new year everyone, and remember, BE YOURSELF because everyone else is busy being them!:]
    Should I eat, and drink a protein shake before or after a workout?

Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
    Should I eat, and drink a protein shake before or after a workout?
    Always after, protein is take a long time for the body to digest, and it also takes alot of energy to do so. This can take away from your energy during the workout, so drink the shake directly after your workout.

i train in martial arts but my diet is all wrong, what kind of food should i be eating to stay fit and keep my weight down?

Quote Originally Posted by JubeyKitty View Post
    Is a raw food diet going to make me look like a teenager again >
    The word "diet" is over used in the wrong ways: When I use the word "diet," I use it in reference to how one is to eat all the time, not some fling for a couple months. The fact of the matter is that abs are made in the kitchen, and that no amount of training will curb the need for proper nutrition. On the note of raw food, if you mean by "raw" that there is nothing added, perfect! The food will taste very bland and daul, but that's how I cook my food! Until I learn what spices and herbs go good with what, I just make everything at bear minimum cook time to save time. I'm not going for taste, personally, I'm going for the nutrients my body needs! Great way to start for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolfiepup View Post
    i train in martial arts but my diet is all wrong, what kind of food should i be eating to stay fit and keep my weight down?
    Martial arts is a wonderful hobby to have, it trains the body very much to deal with its own mechanics in a very natural way that ultimately leads to longevity and the preservation of essential joints, muscles, and a healthy cardiovascular and nervous system (of course it's great for many other physiological functions as well, but I don't think I can list them all in a single message!). As far as the nutrition goes, keep in mind how natural and authentic your actions as a martial artist are, so, in turn, consume organic, natural foods that work to grow your body in the same way you work to grow your skills. Practice makes perfect, if you're looking for what to eat and when, you can check out my website for more information! It should be up and running here in the next couple of weeks! Message me for details and other questions :]

Should I eat, and drink a protein shake before or after a workout?[/QUOTE]

1. Protein shakes are of questionable value. You get enough protein in regular food almost by accident, assuming you don't live in the third world or adhere to some weird vegetarian diet.

2. You didn't define workout. Very few people do anything hard enough, long enough, often enought to require protein beyond the normal diet. Hours in the weight room MIGHT make a case for a little extra protein. Short of that, its just expensive calories.

3. Understand that the people advocating supplements all have a financial stake in same: Gyms, trainers, GNC, etc.

GSSI: Sports Science Library

I gained about 10 pounds in holiday weight, whats the best way to lose those pounds? I've been making immense cutbacks on the sweets and exercising.

If "nutrition" is so important (in any capacity past the prevention of dietary illness), why does pretty much every peer-reviewed meta-analysis I've seen (vast majority are on pubmed) say that we can hardly discern any long-term effect of what you eat rather than how much you eat?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBalto View Post
    I gained about 10 pounds in holiday weight, whats the best way to lose those pounds? I've been making immense cutbacks on the sweets and exercising.
    Keep doing that then, it won't come off in a few days but it will come off eventually. Just make sure you're using more energy than you're consuming and eventually you'll see results.