Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just picked up...didnt go smooth

Default just picked up...didnt go smooth

So i just ran out to pick up a pack of goodnites, and its been a while. The last time i got a pack it was depends with tabs. They were ok at first but lately ive really wanted to get goodnites again.

This time i wanted to try the girls, ive heard they were different from the boys. So i went into a stop and shop that was closing soon. Thought i was being smooth using the self checkout, but of course some kids around my age started checking out in the line next to mine. When i scanned them i instantly skipped the conveyer and put them in a couple bags. This caused the instant checkout to freak out and require an employee to help.

She had to take them out of the bags and let them go down the whole belt before bagging them again for me.

Really awkward, she knew what was up. Pretty sure the other kids did too. I didnt say a word the whole time and just kept my head down. It was wicked embarrassing.

So now im at home sitting in one, and even though im pretty embarrased, im glad to be comfy. They seem a little more comfortable then the last time i tried them, and a little thicker between the legs.

Default Re: just picked up...didnt go smooth

Yeah. Those self checkouts can be a blessing, but also a curse. At least yours were girl goodnites. They could be for a sister.

This summer, I bout a pack of depends with tabs at the walmart in the town I had my internship in. It was going well until the machine at the self checkout freaked out. The older lady (grandma age) that was working had to cone and help. She gave that pitiful "I'm sorry, dear" look. All the hicks in line were staring at me like I was crazy, but I didn't care because I didn't know any of them.

Yeah, that is terrible luck. Like Rocky said, people probably thought you were buying them for a younger sister. Most people really don't know about infantilism. We find that surprising because it's so much a part of our lives, but it isn't for the vast majority of any population. So....better luck next time.

Cherub

Although it might have felt like everyone in that situation knew why you were buying them, I highly doubt any of them knew the real reason behind the purchase. Even if they had been boy pull-ups, I doubt they would have figured it out. Furthermore even if they looked right at you, I doubt they paid any attention to you. I mean I'm AB/DL and have seen a LOT of people buying diapers over the years, but a few minutes after each encounter I had no reason to commit what I saw to any suspiscion, and soon forgot all about it. So I'm sure you're in the clear.

Why does it hve to be a little sister? could been daughter or someone you are babysitting for.

Before coming to this site I would have no idea about adults buying diapers for themselves. The only reason I would look is because of the self checkout not working and wondering what is wrong. Some of them beep to bring attention to it. I would just see the person buying them as a care taker for a little kid without a second thought. (In fact this would still be my view since AB/DL is uncommon among the general public.)

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    Why does it hve to be a little sister? could been daughter or someone you are babysitting for.
    At the age of 20, I would hope that the OP would not be buying diapers for his own daughter. Especially one that is old enough to wear goodnites.

Ever looked at the worlds youngest mother's list? I would not be phased at all between that and the stories I hear.

I am not an expert in diapers though, what age would that be anyway?

I've been buying Drynites/Goodnites from stores for ages, I've never used one of those self-service scanners though (It's always been at a counter), and I have to say, I've only ever felt like the person thought they were for me once. Admittedly I always buy the guy ones, but even so, the only time I felt a little bit 'outed' was when one girl double-bagged them for me.
    I guess to everyone else it had always been just another sale.

Long story short, don't fret, the vast majority of people would have no idea that anyone other than little kids would fit into them, let alone -want- to wear them. The few that do are most likely parents with kids who need them.

Yea i guess the lady could have thought they were for a sister or something. It just felt weird because i rushed and it was the only thing i got. She did say "sorry about that"...which could be refering to exposing me or the trouble with the scanner. I was really nervous so i didnt know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8erboy View Post
    Yea i guess the lady could have thought they were for a sister or something. It just felt weird because i rushed and it was the only thing i got. She did say "sorry about that"...which could be refering to exposing me or the trouble with the scanner. I was really nervous so i didnt know what to say.
    I work in retail, saying "sorry about that" is just the go to response when something goes wrong, even if it's not your fault, there is no chance anyone suspected anything, unless they were ABDL themselves, nobody else would make that connection.