Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Size "small" and "medium" seem to NEVER exist.

Default Size "small" and "medium" seem to NEVER exist.

In stores, Small are very rare, and online, Medium is very rare. Large and Extra Large are always overly available though... Now yes, there could be many factors to this, TB/DLs ordering online, VERY late trainers (or the incontinent), but this also proves one thing... AB/DL's aren't the morbidly obese people others think we are!

*ahem* Now that that's out of the way, anyone else notice this?

Funny that you point this out because I notice that medium and large are usually there, but generally fewer small and often even fewer x-large.

Of course it depends on what we are talking about. When we but order shirts with a variety of sizes they actually have a formula that determines how many of each size to include, and it is usually pretty close. I suspect the same thing happens with other things that come in sizes as well.

I always see mediums mind you they are the ones that sell out really fast that might be the reason you dont see them. Just be for long holidays or just after sales they go before you can even blink, but i agree that smalls are in rare now days. I think its because smalls dont sell as fast as med and large. If its not selling its costing them money to store it.

Maybe they think if people can fit in to small size they can by huggies or pamper size 6-7 just wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    I always see mediums mind you they are the ones that sell out really fast that might be the reason you dont see them. Just be for long holidays or just after sales they go before you can even blink, but i agree that smalls are in rare now days. I think its because smalls dont sell as fast as med and large. If its not selling its costing them money to store it.

Maybe they think if people can fit in to small size they can by huggies or pamper size 6-7 just wear them.
    Most stores look at there inventory as an investment. Something that is not selling well based on actual sales rates, including historical sales, is a bad investment. So stores want to only cater to the segment of the market that will represent the biggest return on the dollar. This is why online retailers do so well. Besides having potentially lower overhead an online retailer can cater to a broader market even when the segment of that market is a very small percentage. Hence you have online AB/DL diaper shops.

Of course demand may be another factor. If size small sales as fast as the supply comes in, and the supply is limited for some reason (like being manufactured as fast as they can), then it will always seem to be out.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    I have a very small waist, like 25 inches or so which is too small for medium diapers but at the same time there is no way I could fit into size 6/7 diapers either. I could use Goodnites but they're crap compared to real diapers and the same goes for baby diapers, they just don't compare to the fit and absorbency of a good adult diaper which is what I and others with small waists are after. Yes the market is small but there is a gap that needs filling desperately and Huggies just aren't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    I have a very small waist, like 25 inches or so which is too small for medium diapers but at the same time there is no way I could fit into size 6/7 diapers either. I could use Goodnites but they're crap compared to real diapers and the same goes for baby diapers, they just don't compare to the fit and absorbency of a good adult diaper which is what I and others with small waists are after. Yes the market is small but there is a gap that needs filling desperately and Huggies just aren't going to cut it.
    There are small adult diapers and larger youth diapers that I would assume should work well. I don't see a lot of the AB/DL made in the smaller sizes but there do seem to be plenty of others.

Funny that I was looking at the Super Undies and they focus on the smaller sizes, having no solution for the larger sizes. I actually see this quite a lot in some segments of the diaper world.

I haven't had any problem finding medium or large sizes depending on what I'm buying. Also have to remember on diapers those are actually unisex sizes. Athough there's probly more
    males than females buying diapers. I've also noticed in the drug store's they stock more pullup's for women than men. Although I haven't bought any AB diapers I haven't paid that much
    attention to sizing.

Zpeed

Small is being used by kids and/or bedwetters/incon

Medium is the most common size

Large is mainly adults

So, nothing to draw from this other than there is a supply and a demand for diapers

Quote Originally Posted by Zpeed View Post
    Small is being used by kids and/or bedwetters/incon

Medium is the most common size

Large is mainly adults

So, nothing to draw from this other than there is a supply and a demand for diapers
    That's kind of silly because there are bed wetters, incontinent individuals and people who like diapers who will fit into every size and are part of every age group. I know adults who use small diapers, and bed wetters and incontinent individuals who wear medium and large diapers.