Thread: Catfish show

Default Catfish show

Has anyone heard of this new trend or TV show on MTV called, "Catfish?". I live under a rock so I am just learning about this new (sick) IMO online game people "play." I understand and respect anonymity on sites like this but why do people think it is fun think it's fun to mess with someone by impersonating someone else? I mean, in the end no one really wins because the whole purpose of the "game" is to remain anonymous. Someone help shed some light on this please?

Catfish the show is based on a fake documentary (of the same name) of a guy going across country to meet a girl who's under age I think. Their penpals or play a game together. So when he and his friends finally met her, she's really some middle aged guy. The end.

Pretty much its a fictional movie saying "People can lie on the internet!"

Now the show seems to be about people meeting their online friends in real life. Which is a cool idea, but the show and its producers are more then likely trying to find out what people like about.