Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you end up being incon?

Arrow How did you end up being incon?

Okay guys, before anyone asks, I've read the rules. This isn't a kind of thread that starts as "OMG I WANNA B INCON 2 BECUZ IM ABDL AND I WAN BE A WEAL BABIE!". I know that that is generally (more than generally) frowned upon. Also, there's other places to find that kind of stuff. I, however, am simply curious on how one becomes incontinent.

Also, I thank you in advance for sharing. I know it's some really personal stuff.

Well I don't think a bad question as long as it stays. "How did you end up being IC?" It depends on the person. Some they are born IC other had a accident like a car accident or sports something to injure the area of the body to cause IC. Other people they it some type of illness. To some it just a mystery.

I take it you like Lord of the rings and the Hobbit.

For me I think it's just a weaking of my bladder over the last 15 to 20 years. At my age now I don't worry about it.

Yeah, age takes it's toll. I'm beginning to experience some urge incontinence, especially if I'm running water early in the morning. But it occurs any time of the day. I've also noticed that if I'm wearing and using diapers all day, like on a Saturday, I tend to be more urge incontinent the next day. It simply means I need to get to the bathroom right away.

Of course, everyone knows if you boil tannin leaves and make a tea from it, along with some venom of the asp, mix them during an ancient Egyptian ceremony, it will make you incontinent for 48 hours. Unfortunately, it will also turn you into a mummy if you do it too often.

I have a neurological condition that has caused my bladder to become paralysed. The exact cause isn't yet known for certain but Multiple Sclerosis is suspected.

For me it started as urge Incontinence and has gone downhill fast since then. If I am lucky I can kinda tell when I have to use the restroom but the warning is almost too late.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yeah, age takes it's toll. I'm beginning to experience some urge incontinence, especially if I'm running water early in the morning. But it occurs any time of the day. I've also noticed that if I'm wearing and using diapers all day, like on a Saturday, I tend to be more urge incontinent the next day. It simply means I need to get to the bathroom right away.

Of course, everyone knows if you boil tannin leaves and make a tea from it, along with some venom of the asp, mix them during an ancient Egyptian ceremony, it will make you incontinent for 48 hours. Unfortunately, it will also turn you into a mummy if you do it too often.
    This cold weather we're having here in North Texas is taking it's toll on me. My frequency has picked up quite a bit.
    This morning when I got up my Dry24/7 was as soaked as it's ever been since I started using them.
    I had too change 3 times yesterday during the day.

combination of factors, age, initial birth defects relating to my urinary tract (several surgeries as a small child), a few otc drug reactions, etc

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    This cold weather we're having here in North Texas is taking it's toll on me. My frequency has picked up quite a bit.
    This morning when I got up my Dry24/7 was as soaked as it's ever been since I started using them.
    I had too change 3 times yesterday during the day.
    It's interesting how colder weather affects the body. My back aches a lot more in the cold weather, and even though Virginia is part of the south, we can get as cold as 10 below, though that is very rare. We are having 25 degree nights, however. As a result, I'm on muscle relaxers and pain pills. At first, I wondered if the muscle relaxants would have an affect while I slept, but they haven't. Of course, I'm following the recommended dosage which is one pill every eight hours. It does seem to help the back. I'm also doing the time honored back exercises.

When I had my back operated on in '86, instead of becoming incontinent, it had the opposite effect and I had to catheterize myself for at least a month before things started working again. You can imagine how miserable I was, thinking that I might have to use a catheter for the rest of my life. I was overjoyed when the urge to "go" hit, and I actually could. I suppose it presents the "lady or the tiger" dilemma. Which would you rather be, incontinent, or unable to pee. I would definitely chose incontinence since I'm AB/DL, but I certainly can appreciate what a nuisance it would be to be permanently incontinent. I don't take any of that lightly.